Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 13324 times)

Encino Man

• Trusted
Cycling
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
Cyclist for life. Nothing but hate for assholes in their 2 ton rolling phone booths.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jC7kDSj_MJ-NbOCh7cYYYKYrOOjQD912BQRG3

A car collides with cyclists participating in a race in Mexico's northern border city of Matamoros. At least one person was killed and 10 injured. Police said the car driver was apparently drunk and had fallen asleep.

feffer

• Trusted
Re: Cycling
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »
Jesus.  Amazing picture, though.  How do you time that?
Cause you're so beautiful
Like a tree
Or a high-class prostitute
You're so beautiful
Mmm, you could be a part-time model
But you'd probably have to keep your normal job

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »
Jesus.  Amazing picture, though.  How do you time that?

Follow around drunk Americans in Mexico apparently.

BizB

• Administrator
  • HURRRRRRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
When I went to Prince Edward Island at the tender age of 12, we got stopped on a long causeway by... something.  We had been sitting there for what seemed like hours. My mom got tired of hearing me ask if I could walk around a bit since we weren't moving and she let me out.  I walked forward about 10 cars or so and I saw what had happened.  I quickly returned to the car, climbed into the back seat, closed my eyes and cried.

What I saw was bikes crushed, a car in the water, and bodies covered in yellow sheets lined up along the roadside.

That night, the accident was all over the news.  I don't recall how many died, but in my mind it was dozens.  Though, I'm sure it wasn't more than a couple.  The driver of the car was un-hurt.  Drunk fucker.
I overslept this morning.  I was hitting the snooze button like it was my little sister.
I overslept this morning.  I was banging the snooze button like it was my step sister.

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
Your causeway incident reminds me of this pic which I took at great physical risk and injury:

Of course I made sure you can't see the road. I should have taken another pic for comparison. Yeah, I'm on the wrong side of the road...

Full of cars. In what's mostly a rural area. The worst traffic, I've found. It turns up the hill and there's virtually no shoulder or line of sight. Someone could have easily plowed into me.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »
In my experience, the percentage of irresponsible cyclists is almost as bad as irresponsible drivers, but it's so rare that a guy on a bike slides into a family of five and kills them.  You know?

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »
That will all change, axe, if my proposal to allow cyclists to carry concealed weapons passes.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
Word. Every cyclist should be allowed to carry a concealed Howitzer, if necessary.

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
Why conceal it?

If I was carrying, I'd advertise one and keep the other at the ready for the punchline.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
I forget who it was, but someone suggested printing "PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER" on my reflective vest when I thought of carrying my shotgun on my shoulder while riding.

I liked that one, but it wouldn't be true. ;)
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »
Earlier this year I whipped my full water bottle at this fat fuck through his open passenger window and hit him in his fat fucking face. He was tailgating, and when he overtook me he called out some gurgled fat fuck obscenity.

So I had to go buy a new water bottle, but I felt good about it.

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
God, man. That would never go over here. People give me funny looks if I yell at anyone.

But again, it's almost always the cyclists who are being the assholes in Seattle. It's one thing for people to lose it in rainy weather and forget how to drive, but there are some seriously dickbite-quality choads thinking they're above it all, weaving in and out of traffic and whizzing by like it's the farking Tour de Seattle...:soapbox:

The really experienced cyclists play it cool. I think it's the testically-challenged worrying about penis size that are the problem. And it's only going to intensify the more that we become a bike commuter city.

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
Earlier this year I whipped my full water bottle at this fat fuck through his open passenger window and hit him in his fat fucking face. He was tailgating, and when he overtook me he called out some gurgled fat fuck obscenity.

So I had to go buy a new water bottle, but I felt good about it.

That's awesome dude.  :thumbsup:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
What's fucking pathetic here is that they do a 'blitz' and then don't revisit the subject for another couple of years. It's a trend. A cyclist is murdered by some oblivious car-driving executioner and the police do a one week PR blitz then it's back to business as usual. Fuckers. They should be 'blitzing' every fucking day. Isn't that the police's job?

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/449111

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »
Also you notice that the "blitz" was directed at the victims, i.e. the cyclists.

"Blitz" is a perfect word to use here. "Hey all you Jews behave, or there'll be another Holocaust!"

:dugahole: