Author Topic: Busted.  (Read 2744 times)

Encino Man

• Trusted
Busted.
« on: June 19, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/446143

hahah - this is funny. Guy was pretty ballsy to be explaining the whole deal to prospective customers.

The 407 is the only tollway in Toronto - an old buddy of mine drove an SUV and he used to just drive up on the berms around the toll cameras and drive offroad around them and back onto the road beyond them. They've since added guardrails to stop that:

Psidefect

• Administrator
    • Bizarre Confessions
Re: Busted.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
Looks to me like those guardrails don't extend that far. It's just a little farther to go offroad now.
“You've got a lot to learn about screwing up your life, pal.” - mrcookieface
“How sad for a marriage to fail because it's not compatible with Windows 31!  But it'll happen.” - random axe
“Not my problem if they don't know how to make magic smoke out of it.” - Stormy
“Dude. That will get you out of TWO family holidaycausts.” - Stoatse
"It is my role in this drama to misunderstand things at top volume." - Hmof

NexR

• Trusted
  • Jammin'
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
I used to be pretty cavalier about curbs and roads and such when I had my old truck.
Shake your groove thing.

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
Time for them to play the "disgruntled contractor" card ...
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

NexR

• Trusted
  • Jammin'
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 06:02:51 PM »
This is precisely why so much of the open source community has been clambering for electronic voting machine software to be open source; not to mention everyone in the damn country wanting a paper record.

Of course, this is also precisely why the Repubs didn't demand Diebold be open source, or create a paper trail.
Shake your groove thing.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »
If the machines had been certified in CA (thank you Debra Bowen!) I had planned to refuse to use one.

I feel like I should be in favor of technology because of what I do for a living, but it's got to be done properly or it isn't worth doing.
“I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.”

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
What I don't get is why this issue keeps getting hushed back down every time it's brought up.

The implications are beyond staggering. They're pitched-forward gobsmacking.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
Man, it is SAD what some kids will do to impress a 14-year-old Canadian girlfriend.  Or Jodie Foster.

I mean, for one thing, she's 14.  For another thing, you're not going to actually go meet her.  And finally, you're supposed to just LIE and say you had sex with a Canadian girl over the summer.

:harumph: