Author Topic: Gridiron, lol  (Read 13723 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
Gridiron, lol
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:39:38 AM »
OK, it is to laugh. I got excited to see (on the front page of the hometown paper) that my old high school beat Valley Christian in football. I never liked VC. here.

But then there's this comment:
OK, so a Catholic school plays an Evangelical Christian school. Which side does God root for?

:galm: :rollin: :galm:

I dunno, maybe you had to be there.

Also: 6'5", 290 lb. lineman?!?!
OK. I went to high school with a couple guys who played (as linemen, incidentally) in Super Bowls. and NONE of them was that big.

Something wrong there, I think.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

NexR

• Trusted
  • Jammin'
Re: Gridiron, lol
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »
:lol: God roots for the winners. Duh.
Shake your groove thing.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
Well, I'd just like to blame Jesus.  I would've caught that pass for a touchdown, but the Lord tripped me up.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »
My nephew goes to Valley.  Used to go to Harker but his parents got cheap.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 09:38:48 AM »
Speaking of football and the divine ... it has been a busy week for Mike Singletary.

First he grounded the tight end and sent him to bed without his dinner, then he mooned his players, now this:

Quote from: Miami Herald
Fox is weighing whether to assign reporter Danyelle Sargent to more NFL games after an embarrassing mistake last week. During a taped interview with new 49ers coach Mike Singletary, Sargent said, “I hear your mentor Bill Walsh was one of the first phone calls you made when you found out you had the job.”

Well if Mike is into intercessory prayer, he could have answered this in the affirmative. “Bill … I know you’re up there watching me … if there’s anything you can do to help us get out of this clusterfuck …”
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
I always liked Singletary, since his college days at Baylor. Always the warrior. His candor in that press conference was refreshing; hopefully his spirit will be a good kick in the ass for that team. As a Dallas fan since birth (I'm sure I've mentioned I was brought home from the hospital in a Cowboys outfit), I've never held any particular love for the Niners, but it sucks to have an NFL where they aren't any good.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
I feel the same way about America's Team, Postie  :D

Singletary's biggest problem is the ownership. They never should have taken the team away from Eddie, Federal crimes or no Federal crimes. Say what you will about Mr. Jones, but you can't argue he's not a net positive for his team.

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »
I feel the same way about America's Team, Postie  :D

Singletary's biggest problem is the ownership. They never should have taken the team away from Eddie, Federal crimes or no Federal crimes. Say what you will about Mr. Jones, but you can't argue he's not a net positive for his team.

We can all thank NFL Films for the America's Team thing, heh. One of the funniest riffs on that was when Staubach used to call Danny White "America's Punter"  :lol:

But yeah, at least we know JJ does what he does because he sincerely wants to win. Although, it seemed kinda weird that they went for another WR when the defense is what seems to need help the most. They stood up nicely in that respect in the last game, but this is turning out to be a strange season here so far. Nobody questions Jones's motives too much anymore though...I mean he's gonna make big money no matter what. Hell, they even got an NBA All Star Game coming to the new stadium, weird as that is. But yeah, DeBartolo was of similar mindset for sure. He always took care of his players.

(In the other football, I've lost a great deal of my enthusiasm for FCD with the moves they've made. It's like when they get somebody good, the question isn't "Cool, this guy kicks ass, how do we build around those strengths and get better?" but rather "Hmmm, how much can we get for trading this guy to somebody else?" It is disheartening. A lot of stalwart season ticket holders have had it, and are not renewing. For many, the last straw was moving a Sat nite rivalry game vs Houston to a later Wed in order to accommodate Ozzfest. Lamar Hunt wouldn't have put up with any of this shit.)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
It's like when they get somebody good, the question isn't "Cool, this guy kicks ass, how do we build around those strengths and get better?" but rather "Hmmm, how much can we get for trading this guy to somebody else?"

See, now you know what it's like to have been an A's fan these past ten years :galm:

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
It's like when they get somebody good, the question isn't "Cool, this guy kicks ass, how do we build around those strengths and get better?" but rather "Hmmm, how much can we get for trading this guy to somebody else?"

See, now you know what it's like to have been an A O's fan these past ten twenty years :galm:

Fixed that for ya.

LOVE Mike Singletary.  HATE that players I loved are now coaches - the years, they don't stop. 

He mooned his players?  Awesome.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 07:29:34 PM »
Damn Broncos are doing it again to me this year.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »
Defect.

You know why I'm here right now.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 03:57:07 PM »
I've been sitting on my hands to keep from texting Biz.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

Psidefect

• Administrator
    • Bizarre Confessions
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:29:37 PM »
 :D
“You've got a lot to learn about screwing up your life, pal.” - mrcookieface
“How sad for a marriage to fail because it's not compatible with Windows 31!  But it'll happen.” - random axe
“Not my problem if they don't know how to make magic smoke out of it.” - Stormy
“Dude. That will get you out of TWO family holidaycausts.” - Stoatse
"It is my role in this drama to misunderstand things at top volume." - Hmof

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
AAAAGH THAT WAS PASS INTERFERENCE