Author Topic: Gridiron, lol  (Read 13724 times)

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
Re: Gridiron, lol
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:52 AM »
One pack of shitbirds downed by another.

Also, epic *CRINGE* for the poor guy who got his bell rung during the Balt'mo/Armpittsburg game. Ouch. Whiplash snaps are how motherfuckers get killed. Hopefully the worst he'll have is a sore neck and a headache.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »
Shooot. I was hoping for the Steelers to not win #6, but this looks futile right now.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 08:48:25 PM »
That roughing call was complete :cow: :shit:
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 02:06:01 AM »
Uffff. Yeah. I was hoping for an underdog victory. They had several million-to-one luck shots aimed at them and they still managed to fuck it up.
'
 :hmm:

Kinda like the Giants now that I think of it.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
Except for one or two moments, that game really stunk. I mean it was tense and exciting and all near the end, but I was a bit worried about the grass dying because of it being covered in yellow flags for a while there. A safety caused by a holding penalty in the end zone? Lame. That dude holding the other one down and punching him repeatedly? Lamer. Cutting out half the verses of "Born to Run" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out?" Lamest.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 09:54:05 AM »
Nice groin shot when Bruce slid on his knees into the camera!   :knotty:
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »
I totally thought the Super Bowl was next weekend.  :eyeroll:

I was going to do a Super Bowl program window display for it at the shop.

Well, we only had two people in yesterday who were interested in sports stuff, so I guess it doesn't matter.  I'm real good with the current events.

BC:  I still have my 2008 wall calendar, at home, in the box it was shipped in.  I'll burn it sometime this month.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 12:09:10 PM »
Heh. And I was feeling guilty about not having a 2009 calendar at home yet. Thanks, Axe!
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

vox8

• Trusted
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »
Heh. And I was feeling guilty about not having a 2009 calendar at home yet. Thanks, Axe!

We have one, it's Curious George.

I don't really think that counts.
"...so I'm pretty sure vox is right." - random axe, 12/11/12

Free dog souls with conversion.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
It's actually pretty rare that I use a calendar at home. I mostly use it to see when the next full moon is, and to mark down when I change the air filter in the furnace.

Yes, I lead an exciting life  :eyeroll:
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »
I used to use them a lot, but, then, I wasn't as depressed, for the most part.  I used to be a lot more organized and whatnot.

I also used to use the old Windows calendar a lot.  The Win 3.x Calendar program, I mean.  It was very simple, fast, reliable -- useful, if you will.  I actually installed it -- and Clock, too -- from that old hard drive just the other day, but I haven't started using it again.  Yet, I guess.

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
Grey Cup was today - Saskatchewan vs Montreal.

From the CBC report (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story/2009/11/29/alouettes-ridersgreycup.html):

Saskatchewan Roughriders fans are used to disappointment, but this one has to be a hurt for the ages.

Leading the entire way, the West champions had a fourth-ever Grey Cup victory snatched from their hands by a 33-yard Damon Duval field goal on the final play of the game as the Montreal Alouettes came back for a 28-27 victory on Sunday in Calgary.

Duval had actually missed his first try, but the Riders were called for too many men on the field and the all-star kicker, who had not played well up to that point, was given another chance.

He put that one right down the middle, leaving the Riders, and the huge throng of green and white clad fans in the stands, stunned.

:doh:

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 05:51:03 AM »
Oops.

Well, if it's any comfort to them, Saskatchewan Roughriders is one of the longer team names I've seen in a while.  It could make an awkward Jumble.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 11:45:57 AM »
I was going to make a remark about there being two Rough Riders (Roughriders) teams in the CFL and how that amused me (to paraphrase Fark, Canada is out of ideas), but I see that hasn't been true since 1996.

So never mind.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »
Wow. I was out on the island at the time so I had no idea the CFL had done an expansion session south of the border in the nineties. And I had three Canadian TV stations!