Author Topic: Those are businesses that died, died  (Read 1639 times)

First Post

• Trusted
Those are businesses that died, died
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »
I was looking for a thread in which the current death of the American Dream (not the one down by the old Psychiatrist's Club) is documented, as I keep seeing the scads of notices every day in the news about layoffs and closings and thought it might be an interesting thing for us to keep up with somewhere from here on out, as a further way of getting our kicks until the whole shithole goes up in flames (o wait, you don't like that guy. Pretend it's the Val Kilmer version, hehe).

Today: got a bulletin from Fruity Loops saying Snocap was going under and nobody was getting paid for their music and if you have a storefront with them you need to get out of there now...

Snocap, the music-licensing company best known for being the follow-up act of Napster founder Shawn Fanning, has cut its staff by 60 percent, a spokeswoman for the company said Thursday evening.

Founded in 2002 by Fanning, Jordan Mendelson, and Ron Conway, Snocap started out trying to provide digital-music licensing, but has moved into new areas, such as setting up online stores for musicians.

Also, it's being reported that the WWE is laying off a bunch of people. So, digital music and rasslin' are taking a hit.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Those are businesses that died, died
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
What about downloadable digital wrasslin'?

/i declare a blackberry thumb war

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »
I'm uploading my digits into your box. /:knotty:
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »
Also, Chrysler. Holy crap, no more Mopar?