Author Topic: Misc  (Read 23128 times)

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Misc
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »
I have no idea what's possible under those conditions, non-surgically.  :shrug:  It's amazing, regardless.

feffer

• Trusted
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
So... I have convinced myself to run in a 5k in October. 

I didn't train as much as I wanted, so I decided not to run the 5k today.  Then I went to a party last night, and a few of the guests peer-pressured me into doing it anyway.  One guy had signed up but then had to go to Boston for work, so my timer thinks I'm a 33-year-old male.  I ran it way faster than I expected to.  Not fast, but I'm happy.
Cause you're so beautiful
Like a tree
Or a high-class prostitute
You're so beautiful
Mmm, you could be a part-time model
But you'd probably have to keep your normal job

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2011, 02:18:43 PM »
:thumbsup:

That's the distance from my house to work.  I could not run it today . . . .

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Really wish I could run.  I need a personal coach to tell me what I'm doing wrong.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

Baahston

« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »
You have been invited to join Baahston's Private Group in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing.

In order to join the group, follow the link above, or go to the game front page and click on the "Sign Up" button to create a team. After completing registration, or if you already have a team, click the "Create or Join Group" button and follow the path to join an existing private group. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 17065
Password: nascar

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »
Baahston:detta:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:15 AM »
Bummer - UCSB's not going to the Big Dance this year.

Of course, I don't care, and until tonight I didn't even know they were in contention :shrug:

Also an illustration of how bad the student newspaper is.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
St. Mary's in Moraga is though.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »
h8 St. Mary's

had to play them a lot in rugby

dirty mofos
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »
My BIL went there for a year before dropping out.  The last time they were in the tourney I think.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
OK, here is the car racing show I want to see:

- Pick however many teams.  I'd say 3-6.

- Each team gets a budget, and the producers have to enforce these rules carefully.  You take your budget, go out with a production assistant (hereafter 'referee'), and buy a car.  No shenanigans -- no buying a car at half-price from a friend.  A starting budget of $5k would be good.

- You don't know the tracks in advance.  The first track would be a pretty simple one.  Afterward, the tracks would generally be more challenging, but no demolition or crossovers.  Ideally, you can keep the car at the end of the series.

- In each race, prize money is awarded in a normal fashion, with the winner getting the most, second-place less, and so on.  But a car improvement budget is rewarded in reverse fashion, so that the slowest car gets the most improvement money.  And you can't use outside money on your car.  Everyone gets a basic repair budget, but that's separate.

Naturally, the producers should watch at least one entire season of Top Gear beforehand.  And the teams should have to drive their cars to each track, with a film crew.

Alternatively, or for the second season, you could start to go more Monster Garage / Junkyard Wars.  Up the budgets somewhat and say, "OK, the next race will be on sand." or "The next race will be off-road."

I know there have been some attempts at this kind of show, but they've been pretty feeble.  Let's do it right.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
I knew Chuck Connors (yes, of The Rifleman and such) had played pro basketball for the Celtics.  Today I learned he also played baseball for the Cubs and Dodgers.

Apparently he wasn't a star for any of those teams, but that's still pretty damned good.  He was on the championship Dodgers team in 1949 that also had Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese, and Roy Campanella.  He was also drafted by the Chicago Bears but never actually played for them.

He was also friends with both Nixon and Brezhnev.  I guess he was just likeable.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
The mouse-over for Google's Olympic image: "Latest treading topic: Synchronized Swimming". :hisey:
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

Hisey

• Trusted
  • [Internally screaming]
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
Unauthorized use of the :hisey!! You know I can do better than that.
Y'all

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Intestinal bacteria and obesity.

Diet still matters, but wouldn't it be horrible if they could correlate the rise in obesity to an increase in food workers washing their hands?