Author Topic: Things Only A Republican Can Believe  (Read 56970 times)

Tripper

• Trusted
  • Go ahead, make my millennium
    • Benson-Photo
Re: Things Only A Republican Can Believe
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
I thought she moved to California and joined the Green party...?

I wish.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »
There's a lot of competition among aggrieved minorities.  You can endlessly subdivide the electorate into aggrieved minorities, but realistically there's only so much political pie for minority candidates.  Ergo, endocompetition, and the mainstream plugged-in corruptos eat everything else quite comfortably.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
Was anyone else bothered by insinuating that El Salvador is in South America?

In the last several elections I voted for

08 McKinney (the real black candidate)
04 :flipper:
00 Browne
96 Nader
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 03:32:32 PM »
Things Only A Republican Can Believe . . . such as that the website was (A) a good idea or (B) ready.

And 'what up' with that picture? :lol:

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
A conservative friend forwarded this to S a day or to ago:

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIBERALS AND CONSERVATIVES

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't` eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
If a liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a person of color is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed. If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

So S countered with:

"If a conservative is homosexual, he keeps it from his wife, and relegates his sexual activities to public restrooms, shrubbery and parked cars while simultaneously railing against equal rights for gays.
If a liberal is homosexual, he or she demands the same rights accorded to all other U.S. citizens."

"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »
That's way too broad to be realistic, but not too out there to be disbelieved automatically.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
I guess liberals may forward it for a good laugh, too.

Honestly, the sanctimonious self-satisfaction of some whiny right-wingers is almost hard to believe.  But what's more fun than congratulatory propaganda platitudes, right?  I guess it can't be easy to just reverse the trope.

:hmm:

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he still supports the radical lunatics who run the NRA because they bought the right politicians.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he probably won't tell his friends for fear they'll think he's unmanly.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to kill those brown people and take their stuff.

If a conservative is homosexual, [yeah, you got this one right].

If a person of color is conservative, they'll be proud to be a token conservative person of color.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how it's all the fault of foreigners, taxes, and liberals.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he whines endlessly about it even though he only watches Fox and has never seen the talk show in question.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he acts holier-than-thou just the same and probably talks a lot about how much he goes to church.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he's either wealthy enough to get it or else he'll blame illegal immigrants for hogging it all.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he sues.  Come on, you think all frivolous lawsuits are filed by liberals?

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh, so long as it strictly agrees with his cherished preconceived notions.

Tricky stuff, this BS.  Predigested pap for minds that lack teeth.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
:detta: :galm: :detta:
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
 :rollin:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

mrcookieface

• Trusted
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »
:lol:

:clap:

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 01:36:13 PM »
Press release from an anti-immigration group:

In a New Attempt To Silence Americans, Obama May Use Flu To Shut Down Web

Ironic that Obama's DHS is telegraphing a desire to shut down 'certain websites' and civilian access to the Internet in response to this weak strain of flu, considering the fact that civilian Internet communications are the primary information sharing channels of his political opposition.

The Internet combined with talk radio is the biggest threat to Obama's globalist open borders amnesty agenda. The White House clearly has resentments towards any media not under the control of their masters.

XXXXXX is moving to create a phone bank that can be staffed with employees and volunteers to reach our supporters during such an emergency and attack on free speech.

Please make sure that you are a recent donor to XXXXXX, so we will have the current contact information necessary to reach you by phone or snail mail if necessary.

Please support our current funds drive, so we will have the resources we need to be able to communicate with you using backup methods, if Obama moves to silence the American public on the web as DHS is suggesting in this article.

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN26207501

I used the link to the actual Reuters article, not to the group's website.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »
The alarmism these people use as a plea for money is truly retarded, not that that reduces its popularity with the large wingnut crowd we have.  I've heard several people on the radio talking about how Obama may have introduced the swine flu as an excuse to vaccinate children and declare martial law.  Exciting stuff!  Especially since I only listen to FM music stations.

Also, WTF (from the article) "telework"?  The article is largely incompetent:

Experts have for years pointed to the potential problem of Internet access during a severe pandemic, which would be a unique kind of emergency.

Unique . . . or at least unusual.  Also, you know, the "severe pandemic", which would probably be some kind of emergency on its own.

It would be global, affecting many areas at once

Wait, wait, wait . . . run that by me again.

and would last for weeks or months, unlike a disaster such as a hurricane or earthquake.

Because those disasters end immediately after the wind or shaking stops.  There are no lingering effects that might persist for weeks or months.  Like how New Orleans bounced back within 24 hours last time around.

"An expectation of unlimited Internet access during a pandemic is not realistic,"

BOOM!  HEADSHOT!  There probably won't be enough OJ to go around, either.  But, as people die off, bandwidth should start clearing up again.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
I like the minimizing of
this weak strain of flu
I sort of expected "if you can't beat this wimpy flu how can you expect to stand up to ... damn, what's the evil menace du jour again?

I find it most amusing that the article cited says that DHS has no clue about shutting or limiting parts of the internet, which rather varies from their interpretation that DHS will shut down their ability to rally against the evils perpetrated by the government.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »
Incidentally, Lieberman was a huge dickhead with his comment about how the military has "zero tolerance" for "extremist islamist" soldiers.  Other kinds of religious extremists are OK, though?

Lieberman, although a dick, is too smart not to know how bad comments like that make us look, as a nation.  And he's Jewish, for crying out loud.  Suddenly military Christian extremism seems like a good idea to him?  Because there's a HELL of a lot of that in our military.  And a lot of Jewish soldiers in our military take shit from their comrades just for being Jewish.

Anyway, Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, clearly slipped a disk.  Islam may not have helped (or at least not helped sufficiently) in his case, but it's not Islam that made him do it.  The guy snapped.  I'm sure there were exacerbating factors, and I'm not saying he would've snapped if his job was Bingo Caller at a senior center, but if you're determined to find a rational cause for what he did . . . you're probably either going to be disappointed or going to be full of shit.

Strictly speaking, from early reports, this is a guy who knew full well the horrors of being sent to war, a guy who really didn't want to go to war, and a guy who was being forced to go to war -- and at the same time he felt it was his duty to go.  The military goes to a lot of trouble to condition soldiers so that this kind of tension doesn't make them snap, so obviously we're familiar with the problem.  They wouldn't have to have the drill sergeants yell at you so much if your natural inclination was to take orders and march into battle.

But, point is, Lieberman = dickhead.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 07:18:43 PM »
I'd like to add, though -- because I think it's actually much more important than Lieberman's opportunistic limelight-stealing -- that the military's handling of the case has been exactly what it should be, so far as I can tell.

There've been several brass fellows interviewed who've said things like 'We aren't going to jump to conclusions' and 'A lot of soldiers are under a lot of stress, and we want to make sure no one else does this' and so on.  They've even said that the system should have done a better job of recognizing Hasan's problems and taking care of him.  Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, Fort Hood's commander, has been exemplary in what I've seen him telling the press.