Author Topic: The K-Man  (Read 1799 times)

Encino Man

• Trusted
The K-Man
« on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
My favourite of your US politicians is on Leno tonight....

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
Re: The K-Man
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »
Much as I love the guy (and his wife :knotty: ) he really pissed me off by voting in favor of the auto bailout. Sent him an e-mail, he responded with jive.

He’s a disappointment to me. You don’t talk the talk and walk the walk by encouraging a failing industry to keep cranking out polluto-mobiles after making an impassioned speech at the DNC to get us off oil.

Not to mention that he could have gone a lot farther if he’d put more effort into his Presidential campaign and actually, you know, actually raised money an’ shit. Lots of it.

But…kudos for the Bush Impeachment drafts…I guess. :eyeroll:

NexR

• Trusted
  • Jammin'
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:35:11 PM »
That dude is pretty awesome.  Too bad he looks like a golf cart ran over a troll.  He might have a chance otherwise.  

I'd vote for him, though.  I don't go in for all this undefinable "presidential" quality business.  From what I can tell, all that means is looking good, and never doing anything remotely human.
Shake your groove thing.

NexR

• Trusted
  • Jammin'
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:37:10 PM »
See, there you go.  You can't be jive talkin' and be presidential at the same time.  That's bullshit.
Shake your groove thing.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »
If you actually got to him, whid, I bet you'd get a better (more honest at least, if probably not satisfying) answer. I bet you got a flunky.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »
No shit, considering how long it took for the reply.

Still annoyed me.

I should have watched, though. I finally saw Leno last night and it’s a great show… :detta: way more cutting edge than his last gig…

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
BTW he is my favorite, too, Watson. Well, second favorite. My own representative to the House (Lois Capps) is just the best; she's everyone's cool grandma. I could hug her except that I only come up to her knees or something.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d