Author Topic: Stupid Questions  (Read 31172 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
Re: Stupid Questions
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »

"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »
What is the equivalent of "cameltoe" for a man?

"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
That looks painful. Also, what's up with his thumb?

always under promise and over deliver.

This is what I've found works best too, but my boss has just the opposite philosophy. Well actually his is more like over promise and over deliver.

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I think it means they think they've hit on a fantastic way to improve their on-time delivery statistics for marketing purposes. Namely, tell the customer it will arrive on a certain day, even though they know it won't take that long, then ... SURPRISE! ... let them know it'll arrive "early."

No it's not that. There's no way it will deliver on the 13th, and no way it could have via Ground service. It would have to be in the same state to get it the next day. And it is Ground service - I looked a little closer.

It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »
What is the equivalent of "cameltoe" for a man?

Moose knuckle?

Oh, Andy, how I loved you!
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
Yeah, I asked in chat, "moose knuckle" appeared to be the consensus.
Here's hmof's contribution:

"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »
 :lol: :lol:

That's a stuffed sock that shifted on him there. Looks silly.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »
In Transit: On Time :lol:

Scheduled Delivery: Friday, 01/14/2011, By End of Day
Last Location: Arrived - Hodgkins, IL, United States, Friday, 01/14/2011

Shipment Progress

Hodgkins, IL, United States 01/14/2011 12:27 P.M. Arrival Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 01/12/2011 10:11 P.M. Departure Scan

Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your tracking system sucks.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2011, 04:34:27 PM »
Weather conditions might delay delivery of this shipment. This is the most current information available. Please track again later for status updates.

:nonplused:

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
OK, so . . . trying to find a short video, or at least information about it, and I'm failing.

Years and years ago, my brother and I taped some anthology of animated shorts off TV.  I'm pretty sure it was post-Liquid Television, but my brother thinks it was on either MTV or VH1.  I can't remember what other shorts were part of the program.  I'm guessing this was around 1995, though.

The short in question:  It's stop-motion, a surreal and slightly dark, slightly lyrical story about a father and daughter, the daughter possibly too young to speak.  I have this vague idea that they're anthropomorphic bears, but my brother's not sure. 

The father is telling the daughter a bedtime story while taking her to her room to put her to bed.  This journey wanders in and out of impossible landscapes and situations, such as them passing through a doorway and then being in a car, or them turning into puppets and the camera panning upward to show that the father is operating the puppets.

The story he tells the girl is about a little girl who has a mouse (a wind-up mouse?).  In this story, the girl tells the mouse that someday they'll go to Mars.  Then she grows up, gets married, is disaffected, etc.  Eventually, the grown-up girl in the bedtime story abandons her family and finds the mouse, who says, "Weren't we going to go to Mars?"  And the grown-up girl says, "Oh.  Yes.  I'd forgotten."

At this point, they have finally reached the real girl's bedroom, and the father tucks her into bed, or something like that, and the short ends.  It's maybe seven or eight minutes long, and it was astonishingly creative.

Last year I discovered that it didn't seem to be on any of the VHS tapes I have.  For some reason, it occurred to me tonight to go googling it, but . . . no luck.

Any ideas?  It really was a tremendous little piece, and I'd love to have a copy of it, or even just find it on YouTube if it's out there.  But if it is, I sure can't find it.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2011, 10:38:31 PM »
Jesus Christ, I actually found it.  Weird how often that happens just after I finally give up and ask for help.  Not 100% sure what the moral is, there . . . .

Anyway.  1995, bang on the dot, it's Hilary, by Anthony Hodgson, who it turns out also worked on the Shreks, Madagascar, and Megamind

They're not bears.  It's apparently not on YouTube except in very brief teaser form as part of an ad for "The Animation Show of Shows", a boxed set of shorts that includes it.  In fact, it's on the cover of the first DVD box set, which unfortunately costs $30.  (If I had the money, it would totally be worth it.)

However . . . it's on Vimeo.  [Squee!]

Although it's been cacheing for twelve minutes now, and it's just over halfway done, for a nine-minute program.  I have no right to complain, for free content, but it's the implication of instant gratification that makes the wait interminable.  It's like standing in front of the microwave.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »
Could Habanero peppers be used to heat up Red Thai curry without negatively affecting the flavor?

I'm using red bell peppers for flavoring, but need something to spice it up a bit, and the local selection of peppers is primarily Mexican type peppers.

TFJ

• Trusted
  • j00 no it
    • wes bite
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
yes, but caution is advised.

That almost makes me want a whole in my ear.
Maybe I could stick one in my belly button. - mo
Get rid of the eyeliner, and it's about the same either way. - aXe

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
You mean caution about putting in to many because it will be too hot, or because too many will affect the flavor?

I don't think of a Habanero as having any flavor - just heat. But I don't know, I've never tasted one on its own.

pdrake

« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
habaneros are not called habaneros in all parts of the world, just the mexican part.  ;)

you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

TFJ

• Trusted
  • j00 no it
    • wes bite
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
You mean caution about putting in to many because it will be too hot, or because too many will affect the flavor?

I don't think of a Habanero as having any flavor - just heat. But I don't know, I've never tasted one on its own.

caution about handling them and/or putting too many in. i think habaneros have a great fruity flavor. but they are pretty hot. watch out for airborne capsaicin during the cooking process: you can protesterize yerself.

That almost makes me want a whole in my ear.
Maybe I could stick one in my belly button. - mo
Get rid of the eyeliner, and it's about the same either way. - aXe