Author Topic: Arguing on the Internet...  (Read 1280 times)

Encino Man

• Trusted
Arguing on the Internet...
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
Saw this back and forth in the comments section of Canada's foremost newspaper and it made me lol.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/bureau-blog/romney-threatened-on-flight-out-of-vancouver/article1469196/

Jo Blo    2/15/2010 9:53:55 PM
"Romney threatened by Air Canada passenger"

This somehow sounds as if it was Air Canada's fault for having unruly passengers. I guess Mr Romney wasn't an Air Canada passenger, despite being in the same airplane?

Stupid G&M editorial night shift. 

Matt Frehner    2/15/2010 10:07:38 PM
I take your point, Jo, and have made a change to the headline. (Though I could have done without the last part of your comment.) 

Jo Blo    2/15/2010 11:58:12 PM
Matt Frehner:

"I take your point, Jo, and have made a change to the headline. (Though I could have done without the last part of your comment.) "

I'm actually flattered am impressed that I got public feedback directly from the editorial staff. There are humans at the other end after all.

My apologies for having offended you. I didn't mean it personally. 

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Arguing on the Internet...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
:clap:  :lol:

I especially appreciate that because I just barely finished complaining about bad journalism in another thread.  People get fed up with the general quality of news reporting, and when they complain it's not really fair to blame the particular reporter who was there at the wrong time.

Gotta also appreciate Frehner's fair and balanced sense of humor here.  Nicely done all around.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
Canadians are so damn polite.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
Nice!
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."