Author Topic: vacuum pump  (Read 6983 times)

pdrake

Re: vacuum pump
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »
well, looks like i'm not making a magnetic spin polisher.  :(

found a page that showed the exploded view of my specific model. very hard to do since there are no markings on it. there was an illustration of one part that i blew up really large (glad it was a vector pdf) and saw something interesting. i had one piece of the cartridge assembly in backward.

took it all apart, washed it with dish soap as there was still crap in it and put it back together correctly. now it works better than before.

back to work!!!! :D :D :D
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
:thumbsup:

pdrake

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
i'm so happy. i used it 3 times tonight to much success. investing a piece and making a mold that's really, really bubbly if you don't vacuum it right. came out clear as water. (it's a clear molding compound)

overall i think i got out under $30 and about 8 hours of work.  :hmm:

well, it's worth it. i did find out my pump is well over 10 years old, and it probably cost well into $300-400 when it was new.
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.