Author Topic: Collateral Murder  (Read 5136 times)

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
Re: Collateral Murder
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
The money got funneled into KBR, Halliburton, and 'Water. Those are companies and I doubt they're interested in giving it back.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 11:30:17 AM »
Soldier that released the Collateral Murder video gets busted:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/06/leak/
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »
He's gonna get cornholed like nobody's business, which seems a shame, but he does seem like a dumbass.  Of course, it's possible they caught him by being sneaky and then planted the dumbass evidence to make a slam-dunk case against him, or something.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for him because it sounds like his heart was in the right place, but on the other hand, I don't know where the hell his head was. When you put more faith in Wikileaks than your own government...

I expect they'll make an example of him and do little to patch all the security leaks he revealed. I wonder if they have a special place in the fed pen for people with high security clearance like that. Seems like they wouldn't want them mixing with the general population.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 04:52:16 PM »
Dude is 22. Seriously, a kid. If the Army had any sense they'd discipline the fuck out of his superiors for allowing him access to any classified information whatsoever, and let him go with a dishonorable or whatever.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 05:05:08 PM »
If the Army had any sense...

I think this is already out of the Army's hands. It's a political / national security / embarrassment thing now. The kid is toast.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 05:14:52 PM »
Sweet, that's awesome. Fuckin kid doesn't even have the amniotic fluid wiped off of him yet and he's off to Leavenworth, while the Pentagon desk jockeys who are supposed to be supervising him just carry on. Need to fucking Nuremberg some of those people, remind them that as officers they are responsible for the actions of their subordinates.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
I know. Reading that article, it sounds like he was just free to surf the Top Secret NTK government internet, able to download whatever he pleased. It's hard to believe that once granted clearance, there's no monitoring. You move files containing a quarter-million classified embassy cables and nobody notices? There's no system set up to monitor this kind of thing? That's not an employee problem - that's a management problem. At best, there'll be congressional hearings with a lot of chest-beating and showboating, and some poor low-level schmucks in the IT department will be scapegoated.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
Agreed, but do they still send kids even younger than that to Leavenworth for touching another soldier's dick?  They sure used to.  It's, ah, a strange and not exactly American institution in many ways.  The management issue . . . they go out of their way to try to make soldiers into un-self-directed cogs, but the officers often walk away scot free when something goes wrong.  Ridiculous.

But, hell, I don't think you should even be allowed in the military if you're under 21.  I don't like the way the whole thing is set up.  I admit I could never make it in our military.  There is simply no way I would ever put my faith in someone's leadership abilities just because of the insignia on their clothes.  Dude, I don't know you, and if there's shooting, I'm going to trust my judgment over yours, because frankly odds are that you're a dumbass, and I'd rather get shot following my own judgment.  And if you'll have me shot for that, then I guess I better shoot you first and try to get away with it.