Author Topic: Competitive Eating  (Read 7976 times)

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
Competitive Eating
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
Have you ever done it?

I'm going to be in a donut pizza eating contest at Psycho Donuts on Sat June 5 at 2pm.  clack here

Psycho Donuts

I love this place.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

mybabysmomma

• and a shark shall eat them
Re: Competitive Eating
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
I've done it. 
But I've never been in a donut pizza eating contest.

:knotty:
I need this done ASAP, or whenever you can get around to it.  Tomorrow is fine.

Axe, he hates EVERYTHING

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
I'm still unclear on the 'donut pizza' thing, and I have to be won over before I allow 'donut', but I'm still listening.

To me, it's only competitive eating if survival or severe hunger is at stake.  Otherwise, it's just recreational eating.  I'm just not that competitive for the sake of competition.  If I were, I'd punch you in the throat while you were trying to eat faster than me, and then I'd win at a leisurely pace.  :shrug:

mybabysmomma

• and a shark shall eat them
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
I'm still unclear on the 'donut pizza' thing, and I have to be won over before I allow 'donut', but I'm still listening.

To me, it's only competitive eating if survival or severe hunger is at stake.  Otherwise, it's just recreational eating.  I'm just not that competitive for the sake of competition.  If I were, I'd punch you in the throat while you were trying to eat faster than me, and then I'd win at a leisurely pace.  :shrug:

Do you mean "donut" as opposed to "doughnut" or you just don't like donuts?  And would you really punch someone in the throat?  That's one of my favorite things to say, that or "don't make me kick you in the crotch".
I need this done ASAP, or whenever you can get around to it.  Tomorrow is fine.

Axe, he hates EVERYTHING

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
Psycho Donuts is really going to put Campbell back on the map for the first time since Sunsweet shipped out.
/hometown
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:56 PM »
Have you been there yet?
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
Donut pizza makes me think of something like the Luther Burger.

The story about Luther Vandross being its inventor dates back well beyond the Boondocks I'd have to say, but hey is anybody watching that? Wow what an amazing show. Some huge episodes so far this year...the Stephen Chow tribute, the Obama election documentary by Werner Herzog (I thought "damn this guy is doing a pretty good Herzog" and then there his name was in the credits, haha)...it's one of those deep shows disguised as a goofy cartoon, like South Park.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »
No! I have promised Unit 3 a trip to Heroes at some point so we'll walk next door and greeze up.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »
Boondocks IS a deep show that has goofy cartoon moments; South Park is a goofy cartoon show that has deep moments.  I didn't realize Boondocks was still on.  I watched a couple of the early episodes and thought it was really well done, but I'm too white to understand at least a third of it.

Quote from: mybabysmomma
Do you mean "donut" as opposed to "doughnut" or you just don't like donuts?

The former.  Dunkin' Donuts gets away with it for various reasons, but it's a privilege, not a right.  :harumph:  I'm fairly picky about doughnuts, though.  I don't hate Krispy Kreme like some people do, but I don't like their doughnuts.  Too insubstantial, and the glazing is like syrup.  I always feel like I'm eating a wet, half-cooked drippy mess.  Ugh.

And would you really punch someone in the throat?

Under the right conditions, I would and have, although I'm somewhere between Awfully Slow To Violence and Chickenshit.  I lost a lot of fights when I was a kid, and I've always hated getting hit.  (Weird, I know.)  But if it's on, my feeling is . . . if you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan well enough.  I once won a there's-only-one-rule-to-Mercy game by hitting the other guy in the face with my elbow when he went from 'friendly game' to 'physical domination is my reason for living'.  (The "one rule" he stipulated was really two rules in one sentence:  You can't use your other arm, and it's over when someone says 'Mercy'.)

I issue WAY more threats than critical hits.  To me, that just makes sense.  I am leery of people who throw a punch without a threat display.  Unless it's a really important fight for you to win, that's just begging to be culled from the herd.  But, then, I'm also really leery of people who make frequent use of excessive threat displays.  I was a small kid with a smart mouth, so I know the difference between talking and bullying.

And doughnuts.  Man, there are only two Dunkin' Doughnuts around here, and they're both an embarrassment to the corporate name.

Hey, are the Psycho Donuts doughnuts actually good?  Making good doughnuts without trans-fats is like the holy grail of fat-fried dough products.  Dunkin' Donuts spent millions trying to find a good technique.

TFJ

• Trusted
  • j00 no it
    • wes bite
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »
boondocks rocks. loved the obama episode. haven't seen the stephen chow one yet. shhh don't tell me.

yes herzog, (i knew it was him right off the bat) herzog was fuckin awesome!
That almost makes me want a whole in my ear.
Maybe I could stick one in my belly button. - mo
Get rid of the eyeliner, and it's about the same either way. - aXe

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:41:42 PM »
Yeah, the donut pizza is just a big flat pizza shaped donut with toppings on it.  Anyway the first of the competitors.  I should be profiled soon.  The owner asked me to email him a short bio.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
I recommend either vast, creative lies or unusual details most people wouldn't put first.

A member of Homo sapiens, Eater #2 has a full complement of phalanges and exhibits the proud thoracic ridge characteristic of his breed.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »
I should have had you write it :galm:  I just kept it pretty boring.

TFJ

• Trusted
  • j00 no it
    • wes bite
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »
:pray: pleeeeease let me and axe write it.
That almost makes me want a whole in my ear.
Maybe I could stick one in my belly button. - mo
Get rid of the eyeliner, and it's about the same either way. - aXe

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »
Maybe next year, when he joins the synchronized cruller team.