Author Topic: NBA  (Read 38418 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
Re: NBA
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
Offspring Unit 3 is not happy about this trade. I think he's in a HATE ALL THE LA THINGS mode so that implies it's good news for the Lakers.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
:lol:

Adding Nash and Howard means nobody knows WTF the Lakers will be like.  Except not boring.  But they may very well not mesh at all, and Howard may be gone at the end of the year.  Heck, Nash might retire.  They might get desperate and trade Pau at mid-season.

Hating the Lakers is fine; it's just hard to hate them more than Miami.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »
Count me in the hate all things LA.  My cousin's daughter (also my cousin) told me how she was a Laker fan and a Dallas Cowboy fan.  Obviously just to piss her dad off.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
This is trivial even for NBA news in the LeBron Era, BUT:  LeBron's agent is being investigated for bribing a college player.  The relevance of this is that if somehow this ever manages to quash this kid's NBA eligibility, I will hope a messy death upon that stupid sports agent.

Why?  Because this kid's name is Myck Kabongo.

My god, if the NBA doesn't get him, almost inevitably he'll wind up in Australian movies.

pdrake

« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
Yes.  We need this kid in professional sports.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »
I read that Manute Bol's son Bol Bol is a 6'5" seventh grader who has the shot blocking ability but also is a good shot.  Maybe we'll see him someday.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
He could become a pro bowler.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
Wooo . . . sort of . . . season opener!  Heat vs Celtics!  One quarter in, the C's are shooting 50% and are down six points.  Because they've taken zero free throws while the Heat have already made eight.  It's the Finals all over again, yay.

I could actually watch the game online, but I'd have to go to Adobe's site first and update my Flash player. 

No thanks.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »
The NBA is a cold business:  Bobcats president cuts . . . his own son from the team.

Awkward.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
Adding Nash and Howard means nobody knows WTF the Lakers will be like.  Except not boring.

I'm sheepishly reporting that you got this one wrong.

But they may very well not mesh at all, and Howard may be gone at the end of the year.  Heck, Nash might retire.  They might get desperate and trade Pau at mid-season.

All still possible however.

Hating the Lakers is fine; it's just hard to hate them more than Miami.

The Lakers obviously took this as a challenge. And are doing their best to meet it. Hell, Kobe will want to leave now.

"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »
:lol:

The Lakers are more sad than hateful right now.  Has Nash played more than three games for them so far?  They obviously haven't jelled, but . . . who knows if they ever will?

If Kobe gets really mad at Howard, I think Howard will melt down.  He doesn't handle criticism fabulously.  Did you know that so far this season only five other players have shot as many free throws as Howard has missed?  He's already attempted like 220 free throws, and he's hit like half of them.  Since he shoots over 50% from the floor (as they say), no team will stop fouling him constantly.

Gasol may be traded!  He may be grateful for it.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #283 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
And speaking of grateful, the Lakers must be generally glad to have gotten rid of Bynum, who now says he hopes to return from his injuries "this season" but also says he's permanently injured, barring medical advances.  He says it hurts to walk, although he apparently goes bowling a lot.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »
Maybe he just pushes the ball down the lane from a sitting position. With the bumpers set up. :shrug:
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.