Author Topic: News you DID need  (Read 45006 times)

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
News you DID need
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
The intern who probably saved Congresswoman Giffords' life?  Latino and gay.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
Re: News you DID need
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
The intern who probably saved Congresswoman Giffords' life?  Latino and gay.

This is more righteous and awesome than I have words for.

Namaste, Mr. Hernandez.
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 06:05:44 PM »
And he's a Banana Slug. :thumbsup:
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:14:19 PM »
Awesome.
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
Well, farking hell.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
Nice. The supervisor was probably an old timer.

Stories like this kind of scare me. All the businesses and government entities that depend on their network and/or the internet, and have no backup plan. Where I work is no different. The shit's going to hit the fan one of these days.
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 05:16:12 PM »
Nice
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
I had to steal the Robert Frost quote:

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
I had to steal the Robert Frost quote

I can imagine myself at Customs some day, trying to see if that will suffice all by itself.  :lol:

I may have to fall back on "Look, I just plain fucking curse too much to be Canadian, god damn it!"

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »
Vt. House Passes Single-Payer Health Care Bill
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/03/25-1
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
Oooooooh . . . can't wait to see how that turns out.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Of COURSE The Rock knew about the raid in advance. He was supposed to lead the SEAL team, but they pulled him out at the last moment because of the risk that Osama would smell what he was cooking.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
I don't doubt he had prior knowledge. WWE is a bigger rah-rah-USA proponent than even NASCAR; every year they spend their Christmas holidays doing shows overseas for the troops. (Last night's "The Rock Birthday Party" began with a patriotic 911 montage, the Star Spangled Banner, and The Rock leading the crowd in the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.) Wouldn't be surprised if he had friends on the inside that were involved in the inner workings of it somehow.

(sorta like back when Tom Clancy was a big deal and unsurprisingly gained a lot of big fans in the military, some of whom tipped him off to new tech they were using that wasn't publicly known before he wrote about them in his novels)

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
Edwards seems like kind of a dick, sure, but I'm a little unsure about this indictment.

They had been saying that he took money from his re-election campaign funds to buy off the woman he had an affair with. 

Now I've seen reports that what actually (apparently) happened is that two of his supporters gave money directly to the woman to support her and the kid Edwards fathered. 

Prosecutors have argued (with some precedent . . . sort of) that any money that Edwards' supporters gave this woman was on his behalf -- ie, it was so he didn't have to give her money, himself -- and therefore it was a gift to him.  As a tax case, that's unreported income, if you can make that chain solid, which is questionable. 

But the weird precedent goes to an argument that any gift given to a politician who expects to run for office again counts as a campaign contribution.  And that . . . that's over-reaching.  If two of Edwards' friends gave money to this woman, I don't think that can reasonably be construed as campaign contributions, even if it turns out that Edwards specifically asked them to do it on his behalf, regardless of whether they also made actual campaign contributions.

There might very well be something to charge him with -- certainly someone's guilty of tax violations, here -- and his political career could certainly be over, but this particularly line of prosecution sounds like BS to me.