General > Arts & Entertainment
What are you reading lately?
<< < (52/292) > >>
First Post:

--- Quote from: feffer on August 09, 2008, 07:40:56 PM ---a few women were very jealous of my Comic-Con attendance
--- End quote ---

Yes, did you ever get around to telling us more about that? I wondered, for example, if James Callis was cool when you met him. He seems like he'd be cool.

Hedaira:

--- Quote from: stormneedle on August 11, 2008, 01:59:19 PM --- :rollin: at both of you.

--- End quote ---

Together, we fight crime.

feffer:

--- Quote from: First Post on August 11, 2008, 04:52:26 PM ---Yes, did you ever get around to telling us more about that? I wondered, for example, if James Callis was cool when you met him. He seems like he'd be cool.

--- End quote ---

No, I never did.  I kept waiting for Punk to upload his pictures but he was very busy with work this week and didn't get around to it.  And now he's in Indianapolis for GenCon, so it'll be at least another week.

James Callis was very cool for the 2 minutes I was in contact with him.  I noticed the kid on his shoulders wearing a clone trooper mask and smiled, not noticing the adult in the slightest.  Then Punk said "Hey!  That was Baltar!"  If not for his keen eye we would have missed out on the opportunity.  Anyway, Punk asked if he could take a pic, and he said "not with my child."  We said understood, no problem and started to walk away.  He said "I'll just hand him over to my wife!"  He smelled very good.  The end.
sm0k4:
I liked Sunshine a lot too. Is she ever going to write another one? I hope so. All that worldbuilding for nothing would suck.

Rice's vampires are probably my least fave because they are pretty much completely disinterested in sex. Mkay, what's the point of being eternally youthful and sexy with no sex? That's not to say I didn't enjoy any of her books for the history or characters or anything, because they were ok. I'm a total bookslut though, and I'll read just about anything.  :eyeroll: Charlaine Harris's vamps are good stuff. Otherworldly and badass enough to be interesting, but human enough to still be relatable.

I'm on sci fi kick at the moment. I'm reading my first Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake. It's  :trance: good. Freaky and thought-provoking.
feffer:

--- Quote from: sm0k4 on August 12, 2008, 06:05:07 AM ---I'm reading my first Margaret Atwood

--- End quote ---

Me too, although this is the 2nd time I've read it.  The Handmaid's Tale
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version