Author Topic: Endless Complaining  (Read 77979 times)

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Endless Complaining
« Reply #1365 on: October 10, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
I think they're designed badly on purpose.  There's no reason a faucet needs to be attached to the sink in such a way that you have to turn nuts that are underneath the sink and behind the bowl.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #1366 on: October 10, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »
Now that I think about it, I may have installed that faucet before I installed the sink, which is cast iron/ceramic. Heavy, man, heavy.

Also, Sears is in the news today.  :eyeroll:
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #1367 on: October 10, 2018, 04:13:11 PM »
Currently doing a bunch of data processing on a Windows machine using software from Sea-Bird Scientific so basically I want to lay down a line of fairly big nukes between Bellvue and Redmond right now.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #1368 on: October 10, 2018, 04:29:59 PM »
We changed our bathroom faucet by removing the sink from the vanity installing the faucet and dropping the sink back in.  Much easier that way.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #1369 on: October 21, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #1370 on: October 22, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
See, I don't even consider that shit to be a "website".  :harumph:

And it's all too true.  This is why I turn off JavaScript.  The internet is a thousand times better with it turned off by default.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #1371 on: October 22, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
I use NoScript, which will allow scripts by one domain at a time, or all domains at once. I usually go one at a time, and try to figure out each one does by its name, sometimes easy, sometimes impossible. I'm convinced that on many sites, there are domains that have absolutely no function at all.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #1372 on: October 22, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »
I don't get that on BC.:P
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #1373 on: October 22, 2018, 05:24:54 PM »
Noscript implemented an interface change about six-eight months ago (maybe longer) that made it unusable by me. I could not get it to work any more. Weird, because it *was* great. Wouldn't solve this Do Not Track / WaPo problem.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:30:16 PM by Dr. Leonard HmofCoy »
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #1374 on: October 22, 2018, 05:29:48 PM »
In other news, my GoPro has stopped talking to my computers. I plug it in, the light comes on, battery charges but no USB icon and no connection. I think it has to do with a recent MacOS upgrade. I saw some discussion of similar problems on GoPro's support forums, so I thought I'd check in there, no dice, so I thought I'd ask them a question. Required registration. OK, fine. Tried it. Infinite beachball.

Is GoPro actually dead?

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #1375 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »
I don't know shit about GoPro, alas.  :shrug:

None of the JS control apps are perfect, but most of them that I've tried are a lot better than nothing.  That said, old-Opera's native ad-blocking is better than any of the ad-blocking apps I've tried.  Just way better for I Want To Block THIS Thing Right Here.

What I want now is an app for my phone that automatically removes all AMP from URLs.  In my experience thus far, every AMP version of a webpage is a worse version of the mobile page, which is almost always a worse version of the regular page.  :whatever:

Google:  Stop doing things.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #1376 on: October 23, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
GoPro really dropped off the radar quick. I don't know what happened there.

Noscript implemented an interface change about six-eight months ago (maybe longer) that made it unusable by me. I could not get it to work any more. Weird, because it *was* great.

Yeah, that was to be compatible with the new version of Firefox that I've been refusing to upgrade to, so I'm still using the old version of NoScript too. The new version of NoScript is one of the reasons I don't want to update Firefox.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #1377 on: October 23, 2018, 04:18:47 PM »
I wouldn't put any anti-competitive behavior by Apple out of the range of plausibility.