Author Topic: Occupy Wall St  (Read 4406 times)

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
Re: Occupy Wall St
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Oh I only complain about it when it happens.  I have a pretty good balance now.  I'm busy enough to not get bored and not too busy which would require extra hours.  I have a flexible schedule and the work is interesting.  This thing was an unscheduled Q411 commissions forecast and we just closed Q311 so all the inputs are still just estimates.  Plus Q411 involves lots of over-achievement which I needed to build the model for.  Normally I'd have a week to work on this but it turned out I only had a day.  I finished about midnight and actually won't end up working the weekend because I kick that much ass.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
Everybody's kickin' ass for the weekend

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 08:18:56 PM »
I'd really like to go to the Occupy Seattle tomorrow, but I'm not sure I have the stamina yet to undertake an event with so many variables :(

... Even as a third party observer with a pro camera to record any hinkyness. Journalism!
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
I love it. I love finally seeing people step up and say WTF. I have been posting Occupy Wall Street links on Facebook and following it and yeah, I'm just thrilled. I wish I could go be part of it. I really hope it goes somewhere. I really hope as a result that the true left voices get some attention and we all get to vote for some candidates that are actually progressive.

Also Ontario voted against The Second Coming Of Mike Harris last night at least, so booyah. I'm hoping people are realizing by Ford's example that "the gravy train" they're so angry about is manipulative bullshit and yes, we do have to pay taxes, and no, there's not more we can cut. =P
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »
One of the posters going around on Facebook is about how people are big on 20% paycuts for teachers who make $50k a year but not in favor of 3% tax increases on millionaires.

It's . . . an awfully good point.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
I was just reading about the event here in ATL:

Jimmy Raynor, manning a table handing out Workers Weekly newspapers and wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt, said he was at a recent Occupy Atlanta assembly, but the participants didn’t reach a decision on a planned action for Friday.

As I was reading this, I was thinking, "Hey, I used to work with a guy named Jimmy Raynor..."

“They were still discussing it when I left,” said Raynor, 60, a printer. “They’re big on discussing.”

And then I was like, "Oh cool, it's him!" I haven't talked to him in years. I need to look him up.

In fact, some members of the group have expressed impatience at the “consensus” building process. But Raynor, a member of the Georgia Peace and Justice Coalition, admired their tactics.

"I’m impressed,” said Raynor. “They’ve got a lot of energy. Even though they’re learning on the fly, they’re taking care of business. This is an example of an idea that has become a material force. It started in Egypt or Tunisia, and now it’s finally reached Atlanta.”

It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

mybabysmomma

• and a shark shall eat them
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
I was looking yesterday and saw there is a group in Greensboro.  I assume it started at Guilford College.  I wish I had time to check it out.
I need this done ASAP, or whenever you can get around to it.  Tomorrow is fine.

Axe, he hates EVERYTHING