Author Topic: Debate stuff  (Read 6577 times)

phyre

• Trusted
  • Brought to you by: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitation
Debate stuff
« on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
First, where's the 5 trillion Obama keeps talking about?

Second, what's the point of having a moderator if neither of the candidates is going to listen when he tries to move to another topic?
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
You should have told her about the incontinent stair ghost. Hedaira
If you jerk off into the abyss, it jerks off on you, too. - Raxe
Cats and fish could have kittens if they adopted. - mybabysmomma
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

phyre

• Trusted
Re: Debate stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:20 PM »
Seriously! Stop running over the moderator, Mitt. And stop with the shit-eating grin at the President every time you're done talking. You look like an ass.
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
How can you people watch that?  It's basically free commercial air time for the well funded dems and repubs.  Johnson and Stein were forbidden from participating.  There is no moderation.  The assholes just come out with carefully prepared speeches.  IT'S NOT A FUCKING DEBATE BY DEFINITION :cyber:
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

phyre

• Trusted
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »
No, you're right. I'm pretty sure Jim Lehrer was thinking to himself "This is the last time I put up with this shit".  Every time a question was asked, a whole lot of other crap got shoved in there.

pdrake

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:43:27 PM »
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:01:37 PM »
boycott here

but there was important baseball stuff to watch

VERY IMPORTANT
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

pdrake

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »
did romney and his speech writers just say, "fuck it, let's piss of those 47% even more. they don't matter."

people who listen/watch npr
older people
students with debt
people who work (very hard) whose jobs don't offer health care
the military

is the GOP really that clueless?

either they picked a talking head that won't listen or they really are and just don't give a shit anymore because the classes have gotten so separate. i think sheldon what's his name (he may or not be a client so i don't know) is driving this bus.
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

Hisey

• Trusted
  • [Internally screaming]
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
I missed the whole thing. On purpose.
Y'all

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
Yeah.  It's worth getting a sense of the media's spin afterward -- the pro media, not the pro spin people, who are purely propagandists -- and finding out if there were any awesome zingers.

The media spin seems to be:  It's A Race!  Please, God, Believe This Is An Exciting Story!

The zinger count seems to be:  Inconsequential.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
I watched the whole painful thing. I wasn't surprised by Romney doing well, but I was surprised at Obama doing so poorly. I'm wondering if there's a video out there where someone has edited together all of Obama's uh's and um's and duh's. He gave the appearance that he was aloof and above his opponent in the beginning, and that he was struggling for survival in the end. I don't think it will happen the next time, but I don't think hardly anyone will be watching next time.

I thought Lehrer did a fair job of getting them to clarify things that they were trying to obscure. I think shock collars should be allowed.

The media spin/analysis, I'm not interested in, except maybe Stewart and Colbert.

The Ryan v. Biden should be a real trainwreck. Biden is sure to fall on his face. I haven't decided whether to watch that one.
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
The Ryan v. Biden should be a real trainwreck. Biden is sure to fall on his face.

Ha. I'm happy to be wrong. I think Wolfboy got his ass kicked.
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »
fuck a bunch of debate: its the baseball playoffs damn it
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

pdrake

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »

phyre

• Trusted
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
Oh, you'll understand. You just need to study it out. And whenever you ask me what I mean, I'll just ask "you don't know?" in a sarcastic manner, as though you're an idiot for questioning me.

I think it's her attitude that offends the most. "I don't need to justify what I'm saying, I can call people names that I barely comprehend and you can't stop me." Followed by a mental "neener-neener", I'm sure.

feffer

• Trusted
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
I wanted to punch her in the face.
Cause you're so beautiful
Like a tree
Or a high-class prostitute
You're so beautiful
Mmm, you could be a part-time model
But you'd probably have to keep your normal job