Author Topic: Local School Board  (Read 1483 times)

Hisey

• Trusted
  • [Internally screaming]
Local School Board
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
I swear, the more I read about this crap, the happier I am that I don't send my kids to Medina city schools.

Superintendent comes on board in 07, apparently does a fantastic job (can't tell, kids don't go to these schools) and gets a new contract. Twice.
First contract, pretty typical stuff, tuition reimbursement for whichever MBA he had gotten while a superintendent.
First renewal, he talked the board into paying off ALL OF HIS PREVIOUS LOANS, to the tune of $192,000.
Second renewal, he got an $83,000 signing bonus to keep him here, plus was relieved of any tax liability on the loan repayments.

People found out and got PISSED. This wasn't negotiated in any kind of public forum nor was the school board attorney present at the negotiations.
Contract was paid from the Educational Services Center, not the school board so they allegedly had no visibility into the amount. He offers to pay back the signing bonus, $1000/month. REALLY?
Administrative-ordered leave ensues. School board rescinds the contract (which isn't valid until 2014). Board of Education president resigns.

He's now suing the school board for violation of Constitutional rights and defamation. Defamation I could see, but I'm still trying to see what the Constitutional Rights violation is.  :shrug: :popcorn:

Google: Randy Stepp; Medina School Board; ridiculous contract
Y'all

phyre

• Trusted
  • Brought to you by: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitation
Re: Local School Board
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
Wow. That's a whole lotta horseshit there.

Interestingly, in the above sentence, Firefox sought to spell-correct my "lotta", but not "horseshit".
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
You should have told her about the incontinent stair ghost. Hedaira
If you jerk off into the abyss, it jerks off on you, too. - Raxe
Cats and fish could have kittens if they adopted. - mybabysmomma
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

Hisey

• Trusted
  • [Internally screaming]
Re: Local School Board
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
School board countersued. Fun stuff!
Y'all