Author Topic: New recording/DVD  (Read 911 times)

robin

• Trusted
  • frip frip frip frip
    • robinkessinger.com
New recording/DVD
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Hello bizzarre friends. A new recording is in the works. Both audio and video. One of Joe Adkins compositions is featured on the recording. It's the only piece we used the exact arrangement of the author with the exception of the Carnival intro (our only derangement of the tune).  Unfortunately, we can't put Joe's composition on line yet (we're saving the best till last).  So for now, enjoy Esta Bond, The Red Plumber, the Trumpet Heads and the old man.  take a listen, sit back and laugh (or throw tomatoes, then clean off your screen).

Your friend, Robin

http://goo.gl/ii0RBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kne7ZE6tH40

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:28:52 AM by robin »

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
Re: New recording/DVD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:52:21 PM »
 :lol: You so crazy. And look what you've done to that poor child. Corrupted his mind.

You guys rock.

Good luck with the Kickstarter  :thumbsup: :shamrock:
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
That boy ith craythuh.

Love it and sorry I don't have a spare $4-5K

:galm:  :needles: :jam:
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:26 PM »
HAY that is fantastic THANKYEW Robin!
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

robin

• Trusted
  • frip frip frip frip
    • robinkessinger.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »
:lol:

You guys rock.

aww, Mo!! Thank you so much for that compliment!  I wonder how crathee things would be if we added needles to the group for the next recording?

That boy ith craythuh.

Love it and sorry I don't have a spare $4-5K
  Flipper, thank you.  From the bottom of my heart you are a true friend    :happy:

HAY that is fantastic THANKYEW Robin!
  Hay back atcha, Lindsey!  and Thankyewwww! We're recording "Moscow Nights" in just a little bit. This will probably be the only serious tune on the recording. We're using an octave mandolin/guitar and me playing the mando for this one.

Might sound a bit corny, But I'm going to wear my Dad's hat for this one. He passed away in 2004 and was a great mandolin player.

phyre

• Trusted
  • Brought to you by: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitation
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:57:05 AM »
That's damn good there, Robin!
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
You should have told her about the incontinent stair ghost. Hedaira
If you jerk off into the abyss, it jerks off on you, too. - Raxe
Cats and fish could have kittens if they adopted. - mybabysmomma
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

robin

• Trusted
  • frip frip frip frip
    • robinkessinger.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »
Thanks, Phyre  :happy:   

Before we could get a somewhat decent recording, "Esta-Bond meets the Red Plumber", it  took us nearly three hours to record without laughing. We tried recording it again and again.  It was when I said"BOND, ESTA BOND" with an  irritated voice, Karl lost it...that was it, both of us lost it on nearly every cut until our ribs hurt. Plus, the whole thing was so ridiculous, we were straining to stay in character. I had the advantage of hiding a lot of my laughs under"Estabaun's hat" by turning my head.  "Sorta" reminded us of trying not to laugh in Church.  All the laughs reminded me so much of the years of adventures with Ted Needles.  I could write a book about the years of adventures we shared. I think when he meets Karl Hepler, and if three of us got together to play music, it will  definitely be one crathee time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:59:51 PM by robin »