Author Topic: The Trailer  (Read 1422 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
The Trailer
« on: October 20, 2015, 05:52:33 PM »
Welp. The first couple teasers were brilliant. This last trailer? Left me cold. I'm suddenly almost certain this is going to go badly. There are way too many characters. There's no sense of a coherent story coming through. I'm very much afraid that this is going to make me ...

hate star wars
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:54:51 PM by Dr. Leonard HmofCoy »
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: The Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:58:54 PM »
You mean, hate Jar Jar Abrams.  Seriously, though, just think of it as fanfic.  Then you can take it or leave it.

It's not all bad.  I heard a rumor they're still thinking of making it a musical.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 06:00:39 PM »
I heard a rumor they're still thinking of making it a musical.

Or have Bob Guccione take over and make it hardcore pr0n.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
His daughter's run that concession since, what, the late 80s -- and she's into rubber gear and water sports and Tribal whatever.

So, uh, more Vader and Tattooine.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »
We can only hope that the Force will be with us all.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

pdrake

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
well, my thought was that they want people to over think this. they want to build even more hype. hell, they may even put together trailers that make it look bad. (oh, no, they'd never do that!!  :whatever:)

it will be better than the first ones. they need to recover the fans after jar jar and the rest of that debacle.

disney has a pretty good track record of bringing it. they have a lot riding on this.
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:51:45 PM »
Doesn't matter, they've already made more than enough money on merchandising and the movie isn't even out yet.  I went to Toys 'R' Us last weekend and a good half of the store was devoted to the movie and at ridiculous prices.  Even if it sucks it will still have a billion in ticket sales, and the future ones will too just because everyone will want to see if they fucked it up again.  It worked for episodes 2 and 3.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »
Seriously, after the JJ Trek movies, I have no confidence at all.  I won't doom the new Star Wars movie before I see it.  I've heard almost nothing about what the story's like, etc.  Haven't watched much of the trailers or other pre-release material.  I'll just wait it out.

But, seriously, they picked the wrong jockey for this horse.  They picked a jockey who admitted after his last race that he doesn't even like horses.  Which explains a lot.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
I've been able to avoid everything but the buzz. I'll watch it on tv in a couple years and try to remember what all the fuss was about.
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 10:52:11 AM »
In 5-10 years, fan-made fanfic films with today's CGI FX will be all over the place.  It's going to make the studios look bad, because inevitably a lot of amateur stuff is going to be better and more popular than today's big-budget professional stuff.  And that's largely because the studios are terrible at making movies.