Author Topic: Trail Talk  (Read 367 times)

amckenzie

Trail Talk
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
I am planning to bring along my 5-years old Labrador for a nature trekking by the end of this month. Which among these outdoor pet products would you recommend? I know that this is not the appropriate page to post this but I might as well give a shot in getting your opinions about this matter.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
Re: Trail Talk
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
tl;dr - I have no experience with dogs

This is now the correct page. So there.  :P

How far, what type of terrain, elevation or flat, one-off or hoping for a habit, is the lab already protected from ticks/etc, Does the dog understand feral versus completely wild critters?

Water and some way to drink it would be a minimum to me. Brush and snacks at the car next.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
A lab can carry a lot of its own supplies in those doggy saddlebags.  I don't have a dog, but I've dogwalked with people who have 'em, and the saddlebags are really charmingly useful. 

Pop-up / fold-flat water bowls are good, too.

amckenzie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:53:22 PM »
Thank you for the insightful suggestion, I guess I would have to stick with basic needs then. You guys have a good day.

pdrake

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.