Author Topic: Minor Stuff, Major Headaches  (Read 152 times)

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Minor Stuff, Major Headaches
« on: April 12, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
Because sometimes it's the little things that push us over the edge.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Minor Stuff, Major Headaches
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »
So we have a newish kitten (like 4.5 months old, now?), who is terrific, but yesterday, while we were playing with him, we knocked a pillcase off the counter.  And it burst open when it landed on the floor.  And of course he was curious about all the multicolored little toys that skittered and bounced away.

He was sequestered quickly, and we picked up the pills . . . except one was missing.  And potentially toxic.  Sure.  Were we certain it had been in the case?  Almost entirely perfectly certain.

SO we had to deconstruct the house, starting with the site of the spill and moving outward.  In all, this consumed about three hours, and it eventually included very carefully searching places the pill could not have ended up in.  I mean, places where the pill could as easily have appeared if the pillcase had not been opened at all, because a miracle would have been required.

We did not find the pill.  I swept; I vacuumed.  I went through the contents of the dustpan; I cut open the vacuum bag (outside) and sorted through the mess by hand.

No pill.

Of course.  Just because.  And so totally unnecessary.

MADDENING

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:16:20 PM »
As a clumsy person of jewelry with small parts, I can sympathize totally with the Places These Things (Impossibly) End Up. Once I was doing laps of the floor at work and my earring, which had a French (fish-hook shaped, but with a longer tail) hook fell out of my ear. I watched as it skittered directly toward the gap on the floor where the doorway molding didn't quite reach the tile. As if it was pulled by a magnet, it perfectly slid the only way it could possibly fit into the tiny opening and disappeared from sight.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have sworn it couldn't have happened.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 03:21:59 PM »
Hostile elves, man.

slippy

• Trusted
  • (may behave erratically)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 04:25:49 PM »
I feel like this should be the subtitle for most of modern life.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 10:34:14 AM »
I know, right?  It's like . . . I have plenty of serious problems.  Really don't need to spend a day obsessing over the Magical Disappearing Poison Cat Toy.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »
Hostile elves, man.

Band name.

Magical Disappearing Poison Cat Toy.

Also, band name.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

tangerine

• Trusted
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 02:00:43 PM »
It was a horrible process and the pill has still not appeared. It was BRIGHT ORANGE and not tiny. The pillcases now live in small external cases that cannot possibly be opened by an errant exuberant superball. Also Iím still tempted to ask Axe to install a guardrail on the kitchen counter because AUGGGH!!