Author Topic: Shopping!  (Read 60268 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
Re: Shopping!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »
I have no idea why that was included.  I'll never use it.  I did pay $10 to get a floppy drive though. 

My laptop supposedly has fax-modem capability but I never use it. When Carrie and I got our mortgage the broker at the bank wanted to send me a document and asked me if I had a fax machine at home. I joked to his face that it wasn't 1985 - that he could email me the document. He looked kind of hurt at the 1980s fax jab - and the fucker is probably younger than me...   :eyeroll: :shrug:

Hah. This happened to the wife this week. She was buying some shelf units to display her art, and the salesman had his asshole bit set when he learned she couldn't receive faxes -- ultimately he told her to "get her shelves somewhere else" ... ! So she did (cheaper, and better, and in the same town, so it was like yanking down the guy's pants, pushing him into a ditch, and peeing on him -- awesome).
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

Stoater

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »
Damn.

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 11:50:30 AM »
... so it was like yanking down the guy's pants, pushing him into a ditch, and peeing on him -- awesome).

Indeed. It is certainly more fun to do this to someone than to have it done to you.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
Right.

It's okay, you can tell us.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

bit zero

• Trusted
  • come and see the violence inherent in the sysadmin
    • Meh
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »
Find out what chipset the 56K modem is.  If it's Motorola or Intel you might be able to put it in an old PC and run Asterisk on it.

Sidious

• Trusted
  • Good, I can feel your anger.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »
Find out what chipset the 56K modem is.  If it's Motorola or Intel you might be able to put it in an old PC and run Asterisk on it.

:lol:
Rich people won't kill the rest of us off until there are really good robots.

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »
Isn't it odd that the fax is the one technology that hasn't changed a bit since 1985?
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »
Read through the Wheeler Dealer today.  Solid crap.  This is such a bad area for used cars.

Had this listing, though, reproduced in its entirety:

LARGE Dense Thick Woods, 1 mile north of the city, $800 each person

I see.  Are you looking for modern primitives or offering to hide bodies?

Well, since you forgot to include your phone number, I guess I'll never know.  (Or was I supposed to already know how to contact you . . . .)

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »
Isn't it odd that the fax is the one technology that hasn't changed a bit since 1985?

Our fax at work just pours out spam content. We rarely (to never) use it - and we probably churn out 100 pages a day of unsolicited junk faxes.

Stoater

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »

Our fax at work just pours out spam content. We rarely (to never) use it - and we probably churn out 100 pages a day of unsolicited junk faxes.

There's a guy who makes a living - a good one - at suing those clowns. Represents himself in court and everything. I forget the name, but I've seen him on the news tons of times.

There ya go.

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
I've seen that guy. I've often thought of doing that myself.  :lol:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

Irish

• Trusted
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »
I must be a girl as I'm not up to 40+ pairs of shoes. Gues have it easy...you buy 3 - 4 pairs of shoes and bam! you're done. I bought a new skirt and realized I now needed shoes to go with it as none of my current shoes really worked. And now that winter is coming up I need winter dress shoes in all the various shapes and colors.
i bet you taste like disappointment  -pdrake
I'm not your emotional tampon.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
Winter dress shoes are an oxymoron, and merely one of the things I hate about winter.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 05:40:49 PM »
About two-thirds of women's shoes are a lie.  And, for that matter, 90% of fashion is a crock.  I say, don't buy into it.  Form follows function.  Beauty is utility, too, but it's not the majority component.  If your shoes make your feet hurt, cold, wet, or whatever else you don't want, you're doing it wrong.

I know . . . social pressure . . . outfits . . . conditioning . . . limited choices . . . but it's worth the extra effort and go-it-your-own-way.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 05:54:56 PM »
 :nuts:

I'm stealing that, though.