Author Topic: Shopping!  (Read 61271 times)

phyre

• Trusted
  • Brought to you by: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitation
Re: Shopping!
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »
Alright, I bought it, when I get it if I need help with the update can I call on your expertise?

No frickin' way, you're on your own.

Nah, kidding. I won't speak for anyone else, but I'll gladly provide what help I can. It's dead simple to update, you just wait until it prompts you (might not be immediate; you can go in the settings and have it check for updates, but that might or might not produce results.) and tell it you want to accept the Asus Firmware Update, and it'll handle the rest. If you get stuck during the update; there's some major jumping through hoops to get it back to normal, so let's hope that doesn't occur. It's rare, though; just make sure you've charged it completely first- it will not charge during the update even if it's plugged in, so if the battery's low it may die and become a nifty flat paperweight.
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
You should have told her about the incontinent stair ghost. Hedaira
If you jerk off into the abyss, it jerks off on you, too. - Raxe
Cats and fish could have kittens if they adopted. - mybabysmomma
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

mybabysmomma

• and a shark shall eat them
« Reply #316 on: September 25, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
SWEET!  And TOA don't be jealous.  I put it on the cc because I don't really have the money but I promised Toby for her birthday in July that I would get one for her.  I ended up not having the money to spend and I've been watching for a good deal ever since.  This seemed like it so I took it.  I don't like breaking promises.  DON'T LIKE IT!
I need this done ASAP, or whenever you can get around to it.  Tomorrow is fine.

Axe, he hates EVERYTHING

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
:detta:  She's a charmer, there's no way you could resist anyway.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

pdrake

« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2012, 12:05:43 PM »
PARCEL FORCE

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »
http://www.thisisabikepump.com/ Wife is thinking about getting this for a brother-in-law. I just can't imagine going to somebody that has an air compressor and asking them to let me insert something into their equipment (  :knotty: ) so I can fill the bike's tires.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
My brother has two compressors, and both of them came with adaptors for fitting standard valves like bike and car tires have.  The adaptors are like $1 at hardware stores.  Do a lot of people own compressors but not have those fittings?  I guess maybe they might not be able to find them, while you, a stranger, are in their driveway asking for a favor, or whatever.

There are worse product ideas in the world.  But I think I'd spend more time working on indestructible bike tires.

phyre

• Trusted
  • Brought to you by: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitation
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »
I mean, the theory of having an air chuck on your keyring is pretty nice if you're someone who bikes a lot in the city; but you can get one much cheaper, as Axe says. Harbor Freight will sell you a pack of them for the price these guys are asking. Dunno. To each his own, I guess.
So . . . you're saying I should be looking for a soft old plastic bucket. Man, dating sucks. Raxe
You should have told her about the incontinent stair ghost. Hedaira
If you jerk off into the abyss, it jerks off on you, too. - Raxe
Cats and fish could have kittens if they adopted. - mybabysmomma
However, I do not recommend getting cancer as a strategy in curbing the bitching. - the other andrea
Space is totally weird, man.  If it's not blowing your mind, it's because you stopped thinking about it. - Raxe

pdrake

« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

buy him a bike pump.
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

mybabysmomma

• and a shark shall eat them
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
And put THAT on a key chain. 
I need this done ASAP, or whenever you can get around to it.  Tomorrow is fine.

Axe, he hates EVERYTHING

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »
I have a bike pump that's almost light enough to put on a keychain.  It's not tiny, but I've owned Sharpies almost as large.

It does take forever to refill a tire with it, but it's better than no bike pump.  In the city, carry four quarters and find a gas station, is what I figure.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:51 PM »
They ride out on trails, so I don't see much use in it, but my wife was planning.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

Hisey

• Trusted
  • [Internally screaming]
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
Saturday, I got the first new outfit of 2012. Shoes, too. No wonder I hate all my clothes.
Y'all

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »
All my clothes are falling apart, but I don't want to buy anything new until I lose more weight -- but then I'd be able to fit into most of my nicer clothes.   :whatever:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »
Oh! Regarding technical things, and I can't find the discussion now (it was some time ago) --

What the hell is the thing called that you can put a hard drive into and use as a back up hard drive, like maybe with a USN connection or something.

(This is the problem with how my brain works these days. Can't find words.)

I have a small window of time to purchase it before the accountant :eyeroll:  in the household starts complaining about finances again. 

I remember someone saying I could get one for about $40. This is for the old hard drive from our second MacMini, I'd like to use it to back up shit on the current MacMinis before Something Bad Happens.  :uncertain:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."