Author Topic: Shopping!  (Read 61292 times)

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
Re: Shopping!
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
OK, I just have to know:

WTF is the spherical thing below the raspberry on this tray in the second (middle) picture?  (Mouse-over to enlarge the thumbnail.)

feffer

• Trusted
« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »
Chocolate?
Cause you're so beautiful
Like a tree
Or a high-class prostitute
You're so beautiful
Mmm, you could be a part-time model
But you'd probably have to keep your normal job

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2011, 11:14:13 PM »
You think?  It makes sense, I guess.

It looks really, really green to me, but that might just be my eyes.  :shrug: 

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:38 PM »
Looks like milk chocolate to me. I'm not seeing a green tint to it though.

Mint milk chocolate?
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
:shrug:

Just my eyes, I guess.  I tried a total of three monitors in case it was a color balance problem.  The mint is a possibility, but it's not likely to be a mint-coloration that only I can see.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
On my laptop (macbookpro, fwiw) it doesn't look green at all. Looks like a milk chocolate truffle, which is some kind of crime. So maybe it's your Green Lantern senses letting you know where the bad stuff is.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

Hedaira

• Trusted
  • Tit Critic
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2011, 12:40:58 PM »
It's a bon bon.

Super bon bon super bon bonnnnnn

Enjoy the earworm
"After walking away from the other people backstage, Justin Bieber found a place where we could be alone -- a bathroom. We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to fuck the shit out of me."

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:09 AM »
OK . . . what, exactly, is a 'Giftbuster' supposed to be?

It doesn't sound like a good thing.  I do not think advertisers even care anymore.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »
I have to say, Black Shopping Day this and Cyber Day that, I have not seen any really impressive discounts.  I've been getting like a dozen OMG YOU WANT THIS SHIT emails a day from various places, but seriously it hasn't been anything more impressive than a normal month.  Just more emails about it, with more exclamation points.

I've really been surprised by Harbor Freight, in particular.  They have better sales in August.  :shrug:

Also, I have to say, Amazon consistently has the most useless advertising emails.  I guess they don't want to advertise specific items and sale points because they don't actually stock anything or set prices, and there's no sense in advertising stuff that will vanish immediately.  But they don't even do a good job of passing along affiliate sales information.  It's really, really pathetic.  In fact, it's bewilderingly poor.  Weird.

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »
Yeah. Usually a bit of greed hits me looking at the ads. This year - nada.

I doubt it's because I've become a more spiritual and less possession-driven person.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
A lot of the big discounts are often on items that are either way out of my reach or are things I wouldn't be in the market for, or both.  I probably don't tend to notice a killer deal on a huge TV or iPhone.  Maybe all the big deals are on such things this year.

Eh.  There have been years where I carefully saved up enough money to buy things I actually needed during this markdown season, but this year is not one of those years, so it's academic.  I've just been finding it odd.  For all the hype, I haven't seen much push out of the retailers themselves.

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2011, 06:47:24 AM »
Yeah, I'm finding there are not much in the way of deep discounts on hot water heaters and aquarium pumps this year. Jesus Christ.  :whatever:
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:50 AM »
Aquarium pumps, I dunno, but in January the Home Despot and Lowe's often get a bit hungry and mail out those $50 off / $100 off coupons.  I don't know what the restrictions are on those, for that matter, but they might be good.

Sometimes, if you call the big places and talk to customer service, they'll be nice and let you know about sales that are coming up.  You might or might not be able to do better than Amazon.

pdrake

« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
you always get those coupons when you use a change of address form. maybe change it and then change it back.
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
I finally pulled the trigger on a laptop - spent the same amount I planned to but got a better machine. Almost impulsed a 42" TV yesterday and an iTouch today. I need to be chaperoned.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof