Author Topic: Shopping!  (Read 62673 times)

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
Re: Shopping!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »

This shoe is all I need for this winter. Casual, work, dress. I don't give a flying fuck. I'm NOT breaking any more bones, thank you.
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

Sidious

• Trusted
  • Good, I can feel your anger.
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30:14 PM »
That's very, very like the pair of Dr. Martin's I wear to work most of the time.
Rich people won't kill the rest of us off until there are really good robots.

eldiem

• Trusted
  • It really is, you know
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »
I had that exact pair of shoes (in brown, so not "exact") a few years back.

In fact, those shoes were the ones LordCrank barfed on.

Other than that memory, I loved those shoes.

suitep

• Trusted
  • It's the Year of the Pea.
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
That wacky LordCrank. My first meeting was memorable.
Taking an indefinite break.

Stoater

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 11:47:09 PM »
Crank is the lightest object that leaves the deepest impression.
The man weighs, what, 90 pounds soaking wet?

mrcookieface

• Trusted
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 01:18:53 AM »
Those are nice shoes. And I'm on the market for nice, black shoes myself, but those are common.

Hold out for better.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Casual, work, dress. I don't give a flying fuck.

You are teh winnar.  I hope your feet will be dry and warm in those, too.  Don't feet deserve that?  In the 2effing1 century?

[is moving into the 2effing1 century]

[is considering adding removable battery-powered electric heating pads to leather jacket]

[but it's supposed to be a mild 'state warming' winter this year anyway]

DM

• Trusted
  • DM Here
    • Dangermonk.com
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »
I just ordered and Enron hat that I plan on wearing around the Houston area.  Is that wrong of me?

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
I don't know that it's wrong, but it's unusual.  Most people would wear it around their head.

Irish

• Trusted
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
Eh, I like shoes. I have the standards that I wear most the time but I like having lots of different pairs and styles. I do admit most of them I don't wear very often but they're there in case I need them.

I'm certainly not a slave to fashion but I do know that a good outfit needs to go well together. All of it. It just doesn't look right wearing a skirt with tennis shoes. Or wearing my standard green roos with a red dress.
i bet you taste like disappointment  -pdrake
I'm not your emotional tampon.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 10:52:29 AM »
Wear what you like, you know?  My personal feeling is that you don't wear it because it's right; it's right because you wear it.

There is a possibility of being wrong, but most people don't have to worry about that too much. 

the other andrea

• Global Moderator
  • laughing in Mongolia
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
Deep down, I'm probably envious of my women friends because most of them are size 6-10 and have size 7 feet, so they have no trouble finding clothes and shoes that fit them.

If I find a pair of pants that are long enough, or shoes that are big enough, I'll buy multiple pairs. Because I never know if I'll be able to find replacements down the road.

That's the real reason the 50-foot woman was so pissed off. She couldn't find stylish clothes that fit her.
"I'm only going to ask you once more. Sit down or I will kick you in the vagina, and you know I will."

Irish

• Trusted
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
I have trouble finding clothes as well. I can be anywhere from a size 0 - 4.

I'm so small that I fit best into Junior size clothes but they're often to young looking for me. I feel a 30 year old shouldn't have the word Juicy written across the ass (although I do own a pair of underwear that say it). Also, I guess my body shape is a bit different so the clothes sometimes fits overall but a little odd in some places. If I go to a misses or petites department the clothes seem to old for me.

I'm also short so almost everything needs to be hemmed. I have a big stomach so tight fitting clothes down't always look so good, which is what the junior department sells. And i'm so cheap that I don't shop at nice places so my options are even more limited. And no matter what department I'm shopping in or for what age group the clothes are made for my funpatches are just too small.

I have a size 6 shoe and don't have too many problems with that though.

I think most people have a problem with their bodies in some form. My neighbor has a hard time shopping for clothes cause his torso is longer than his legs or something like that.
i bet you taste like disappointment  -pdrake
I'm not your emotional tampon.

Encino Man

• Trusted
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »
The best boots I've ever owned are made by Roots. They are an iconic Canadian brand but they have stores outside the country. They make several kinds of boots but I have owned probably 10 pairs of Roots Tuffs in my lifetime. I wear them every day of the year that I'm not wearing shorts. AND Roots re-soles them for $20 when the soles wear out, which takes me about 1-2 years of constant wear. AND they're made of horse leather which means they are much tougher than cow skin and Roots horse leather is cultivated from horses who die naturally (or racehorses who are shot I guess) so there are less ethical issues for us vegetarians.

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
That's interesting, watson ... I should check those out.
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface