Author Topic: Small Screen / Big Screen  (Read 540631 times)

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
Re: Small Screen / Big Screen
« Reply #7380 on: July 04, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »
I should have italicized it. The grammarians are surrounding me and chanting, "Shame!"
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

pdrake

« Reply #7381 on: July 04, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »
I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not b/c they should be capitalized!
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #7382 on: July 04, 2018, 04:02:30 PM »
Anyway, I've watched about half of it, and I like it. Zhou Dongyu is too cute. IMDb gives it 6/10, but almost all the Netflix reviews are 5 star. Nice production too. Reminds me of classic Hollywood.
It's symbolic of our struggle against reality.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #7383 on: July 05, 2018, 09:52:34 AM »
Beat Takeshi!  Sounds worth a look.

Nobody types in selective caps.

Tell that to Trump and schizophrenics.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #7384 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:49 AM »
Trump types in his selective hoods, I wouldn't really call that a cap.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #7385 on: July 17, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »
TIL that there is a softcore Bollywood movie out there (starring Sunny Leone, no less) called "Jism 2" *coffee-spitting emoji*

also

(jism means "body" in Hindi)

oh
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #7386 on: July 17, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
:hmm:

pdrake

« Reply #7387 on: July 19, 2018, 06:41:54 PM »
you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #7388 on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
Agaaaainnnn? /Rocky

I've lost track on Godzilla. I'm not sure if I've seen all the versions that are available.

Although, I'll take a large helping of Vera Farmiga, please.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #7389 on: July 20, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
Seeing Incredibles 2 this weekend with the fam.  Seeing Mama Mia 2 with Sandy's canasta ladies and their husbands on Tuesday.  Still need to get in Sorry To Bother You, but I finally did watch Anomalisa which I've had on netflix (DVD) for about a year.  Now we have Black Panther so might watch that tonight.  I'm finally catching up with some home work, so maybe I can watch some more stuff now that I can justify it.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #7390 on: July 21, 2018, 09:04:40 AM »
I haven't managed to watch anything in weeks . . . and I think I'm going to cancel Netflix altogether.  The thing is:

- Their queues suck now.

- They can't seem to provide the DVDs I actually want.

- They constantly transition into less of a Providing The Service Customers Want company and into much more of a Customers Provide The Service We Want company.

My feeling is . . . fuck them.  I have stupid Amazon Prime anyway, and I've never used their streaming service, and I hate to throw any more bones to Amazon, but Netflix seems determined to drive me off, so here we are.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #7391 on: July 21, 2018, 12:22:01 PM »
The Netflix streaming was impressive when I first started out and there was plenty of great content to watch, but it runs out pretty fast and 99% of what they add is crap. It's still great compared to cable though. I will do about anything to avoid watching commercials.

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #7392 on: September 26, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »
Have we talked about The Expanse here? I KINDA LOVE IT.

We watched a lot of episodes on the ship before some shift changes when nobody had the tv (0500, mostly) and it was pretty fun!

I had to laugh about all the care they took to deal with real physics (i.e. ships turning around and decelerating (!!!), no artificial gravity, health consequences of zero-G), but then, BOOM: ALIEN PROTOMOLECULE. Hahahahah, ok fine. Whatever.

Totally in love with Gunnery Sergeant Bobbie Draper of the Martian Marines. (the kiwi accent nails me dead every time).
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #7393 on: September 26, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »
I really want to see The Death of Stalin but I'm unsure whether it's worth a fin to go to the theater or just wait for it to pop up on a streaming service. Hmm.

On the other hand, Steve Buscemi is way too skinny to portray Krushchev.

I saw it on the ship and ... frankly, it wasn't funny enough. It's almost as if Iannucci and co. started out going "OK this is going to be hilarious, and as they went along it was more like "OK everything to do with this is absolutely horrible so it's also going to be very serious" and it doesn't quite work. Jason Isaacs steals the show, which, alas, wasn't hard. I think Iannucci can't get into the zone without Peter Capaldi. I guess he was busy on Gallifrey so he couldn't fill in as Mikoyan or something. Olga Kurlenko, though.  :worship: :thud:

Also? Rupert Friend's Orlando Bloom imitation is spot on. I thought it was Bloom the whole way through the picture. WEIRD.

mo

• Global Moderator
    • x
« Reply #7394 on: September 26, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
Yeah, I loved The Expanse. Well, the first two seasons anyway. Comcast fucked up the last season for me (long story). Hopefully I'll get to see it someday. It's going to Amazon anyway, so I probably won't see the fourth season... or beyond.