Author Topic: Topicless  (Read 212470 times)

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
Re: Topicless
« Reply #2385 on: December 24, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
Leaving for part one of too many parts in an hour.

Happy Christmas, every one.
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2386 on: December 27, 2019, 11:27:06 AM »
:thumbsup:

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2387 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »
The Gorilla Glue is failing.  The areas where it's let go . . . look like they were never glued.  It's not the material tearing; the adhesive seems to be falling away from both surfaces in very small pieces.

Six months almost exactly, make of it what you will.  I rarely use the shoes that got the Gorilla.  Goop would've definitely last longer.

The Goop thinned with acetone remains a weird failure, though.  Not much grip strength, and in some places it turned the leather very dark, as if it were damp.  Those areas are probably sealed, but it's not what I was hoping for.

pdrake

« Reply #2388 on: March 27, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »
Try this. It's pretty good stuff.

you'd be surprised how much a nutsack can stretch. you have to stretch it yourself, not a woman. they don't do it quite right.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #2389 on: March 27, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »
Yeah.  That stuff is apparently very similar to the Goop products, which, in turn, are pretty similar to each other.  The Shoe Goo version is apparently thinner / runnier, and the Marine and Plumbing Goops are thicker and maybe faster-setting (not everyone agrees), and the outdoor formulations are more UV-resistant.

What I really want is a type of this exact thing that's thin enough to be painted on in layers, roughly like rubber cement . . . except far stronger.  All this shit is a messy pain in the ass.

I have a tube of E6000 that I haven't opened yet.  These things are like silicone.  Sometimes you have like 3 days from whenever you open the tube, and after that you've got a block of rubber in a tube.