Author Topic: Erection discussion  (Read 9552 times)

dogbone

• Trusted
  • Rollerboogie Motherfucker
Erection discussion
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »

YEAH, ERECTION! SHEESH

I'll kick off what I'm sure will be a substantive discussion by saying that I'd hump Campbell Brown like her parents were pulling in the driveway.
Being a wiseass in a groupthink environment is like throwing an egg at a bulldozer.

sm0k4

• Trusted
  • My scholarship is superior
Re: Erection discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:24:24 AM »
Campbell Brown? She's kinda pointy faced. My hub thinks that British chick on CBS news is the hawtness.

Aha! Lara Logan is her name.

dogbone

• Trusted
  • Rollerboogie Motherfucker
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »
I can get with that.

OK, my most interesting takeaway from last night's debate was this: At the end of the night when Hil and O waded out into the crowd to greet their supporters, I noted a difference in how the crowds reacted to them. Each were enthusiastic, but while Hil's crowd was trying to hand her things to sign, O's group wasn't doing that at all. They were just reaching out to him and trying to touch him -- shake hands, pat his back, even just touch his arm.

I thought that was interesting as hell.
Being a wiseass in a groupthink environment is like throwing an egg at a bulldozer.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
Maybe I'm the most horrible person ever for thinking this - I know Drudge has thought similar things, which does not comfort me, but I'm interested in your thoughts.

Do you guys think he'd live until the end of his term?  I know West Wing is fiction, but in a fictional country smart enough to elect Jed Bartlett, the haters were extreme enough to shoot his daughter's black boyfriend.  I think the US collective is not as smart and the haters wouldn't need to be extreme to go after a black president.

They're already comparing him to Kennedy.  How big a stretch would it be for some lunatic to extend the metaphor?
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

Psidefect

• Administrator
    • Bizarre Confessions
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »
He could use Chappelle's idea and select an Hispanic VP as an insurance policy against bigoted homicidal knuckle-draggers (of course you could use whatever group is less desirable to said knuckle-draggers, I just used Hispanics because that's who Chappelle used in the joke.).

Sort of as a way to steer into that particular skid and use your enemy's own weapon against them.
“You've got a lot to learn about screwing up your life, pal.” - mrcookieface
“How sad for a marriage to fail because it's not compatible with Windows 31!  But it'll happen.” - random axe
“Not my problem if they don't know how to make magic smoke out of it.” - Stormy
“Dude. That will get you out of TWO family holidaycausts.” - Stoatse
"It is my role in this drama to misunderstand things at top volume." - Hmof

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »
They're much better at protecting presidents against assassination than they used to be, :tal:

But changing the subject here: I hate debates. I think they're stupid. They could be substantial, but they're not. What does anyone remember? Nixon didn't shave, Reagan said something clever, Bentsen smacked the punk off his lawn with his cane.

"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

Irish

• Trusted
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »
My brother is holding off voting for Obama, if he wins the nomination, to see who his running mate is. He thinks the muslims will be the ones to kill him.
i bet you taste like disappointment  -pdrake
I'm not your emotional tampon.

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »
I'm surprised at the legs this idea has - this isn't the first time I've heard people concerned about this. My grandmother was saying the same, that if he wins she's afraid he'll be assassinated... like two or three weeks ago. Is this getting a lot of airplay on TV or something?
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
I came up with it in my own brain.  Call it my faith in my fellow man.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:32 PM »
If Bush can go 8 years without someone taking a pot shot at him, Obama has nothing to worry about.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »
It never occured to me.  Seriously.  So you don't have worries about a misogynist assassinating Hillary should she win?
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
Builds character, anyway.

Teddy Roosevelt took a bullet in the chest and went on to deliver his speech.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »
It never occured to me.  Seriously.  So you don't have worries about a misogynist assassinating Hillary should she win?

Bush is still the bar. If that war criminal can make it without some Dwayne Hooveresque Ron Paultard taking aim all this time he's been in office, we're fine.

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
Yeah, but the CIA didn't have a beef with Bush.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »
Obama too will meet the secret police?