Author Topic: Erection discussion  (Read 9550 times)

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
Re: Erection discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
I don't know, whid, gun-worshiping hatetards love Bush, for some inexplicable reason. Maybe his fake accent or something.

Although they're generally a minority amongst would-be assasinators, who tend to fall into the seriously political or seriously crazy camps. Modulo CIA involvement, of course.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »
One part Jack Daniels
Two parts purple Kool Aid
and a jigger of formaldehyde from a jar with Hitler's brain in it that we got in the back...
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »
So you don't have worries about a misogynist assassinating Hillary should she win?

Oh, I've got those worries too.  I guess I see racists as inherently more violent than sexists, but there's certainly more than enough crazy to go around.
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

First Post

• Trusted
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 05:58:05 PM »
According to a local msgboard (aka Most Depressing Forum Ever), he won't win anyway because he doesn't wear a flag pin and is a Muslim.

When I linked to Snopes' elaborate deconstruction of that whole email, the response was "Well how do you KNOW that the Nation of Islam (hahaha) didn't pay off this 'Snopes' to write that information?" Except with worse spelling.

whidB

• Trusted
  • Olympic...
    • I'm doing a lot more music these days....
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 06:00:43 PM »
The South's gonna do it again?

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
I'm sure Hillary and Obama know that people want to kill them.  They know the risks.  As a voter, it's not my job to try to protect them.  If you're worried about the chain of succession, that's a whole separate thing, but, yeah, you can always wait to see who they pick as VP.

If I had to lay odds, not that I would, I'd expect Hillary would be in more danger from killer nutbags than Obama would.  Woman trumps black on the American hatemeter.  It's just a historical truth, and I don't think it's changed.  Take the crazy evangelitard of your pick, whatever faith, and measure it out.  They can rationalize that Obama's still a man, even if he's kinda black, but they're never going to rationalize that Hillary is still a man, no matter how butch she might become.  Uh-uh.  And the war between the sexes will outlast the wars between the races.

That said, yeah, seriously, I think there's better odds that the Kennedy assassinations and even the attempt on Reagan were Big Mover conspiracy efforts, and maybe Chappaquiddick and MLK, too.  But that seems to have been characteristic of an era, and I think Reagan's shooting was the last gasp of that particular set of extreme policies.  Of course, with the neocons, everything stupid and realpolitik is new again, but . . . as far as that goes, I'd give both Hillary and Obama equal chances.

Anyway, of course, Obama's not a Muslim.  If you want to worry about his religion, he belongs to one of them there megachurches.  On the other hand, he joined the one he joined because (he's said repeatedly) they made him understand how he could have religious faith without suspending critical thought.

And as far as him being black . . . the man's reportedly an avid and talented basketball player.  He's played basketball overseas with our brave men and women in uniform.  (Well, as far as I know, he only played with the men's teams, but, uh, it might've looked funny if he'd played with the women's teams.  Oh, never mind.)  He's like a shorter, more patriotic Michael Jordan!  If he wears sneakers, American men should love him. 

eldiem

• Trusted
  • It really is, you know
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
I'm sort of concerned about assassination of our current prez. Since, who, Lincoln? Every president elected during an '0 year has been assassinated or it was attempted. That may be totally wrong, but it's what I took away from my 8th grade US history class.

Maybe the pretzel was planted?

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 06:37:43 PM »
He didn't choke on any pretzel.  He was drunk and walked into a doorway.  I mean, c'mon.  They wouldn't invent a story about him being incapable of watching TV and eating a single pretzel at the same time unless whatever really happened was even worse.

Which, I'm sure, it was.

Anyway, he may not be his dad's favorite by a long shot, but George Sr is protected from on high by the Prince of Darkness.  Shrub's a weak link, but he's got more inherited mojo than Dick Cheney could slurp up.

dogbone

• Trusted
  • Rollerboogie Motherfucker
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
This is one of those rare times in my life where I'm (a little) confident about my fellow Americans. I think we can handle it. Sure, there will be grumbling from some quarters, but I think those quarters have been marginalized enough that the biggest, thickest part of the bell curve isn't thinking twice about it.

That said, if he was a more urban example, we might have a problem -- he's one "wif" or "I axed him" away from a shaky knee epidemic amongst the white folks. But because he's of mixed descent, carries a patina of erudition, and is eloquent to an extreme, he's not scaring the masses like Jesse Jackson did. He's accepted because he doesn't exceed Wayne Brady on the Scary Negro Scale.
Being a wiseass in a groupthink environment is like throwing an egg at a bulldozer.

sm0k4

• Trusted
  • My scholarship is superior
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »
He's accepted because he doesn't exceed Wayne Brady on the Scary Negro Scale.

:lol:

After eight years of Dubya's childlike public speaking skills and the horrified embarrassment I felt as a result of it, the prospect of being able to actually be proud of my president seems almost irresistible. Personally, comparing the two I think Hillary would probably be a better president in the sense of work ethic and productivity. I don't think she'd ask more from anyone else than she demands of herself. But Barak has this smoothly charming unflappable thing going on that she just can't touch. (Did that sound knotty?)

I mean, Hill speaks well and all, but he's the guy you want to show off at the United Nations cocktail parties and be all "See? See? We haven't all become drooling belligerent idiots!"

anvil_parachute

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 03:05:16 AM »
I dunno.  It kind of bothers me that Obama's whole platform is that he's going to bring change.  Well after 8 years of dubya of course the next prez will be a change.  I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but at least we have a pretty good idea what we're going to get with her.  So Obama is going to be... more... changier?  If these two agree on 95% of the issues, I think I'd be more comfortable with the person with the most experience. 

stormneedle

• Trusted
  • Nonsense Stuffer
    • Your page here!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 03:10:40 AM »
Ah, but what sort of experience? Being a senator isn't the same as being president. And while being a president's wife would give insight, is it enough.

But if she gets the nomination, and wins, are we going to have "Whitewater II: The Return of the Cons"?
I'm generalizing from one example here, but everyone generalizes from one example. At least, I do.

sm0k4

• Trusted
  • My scholarship is superior
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »
Hillary, bless her heart, just AIN'T gonna get elected down here in the souf. Since Clinton was in office people here hate her. The reasons they give are different, but none seem valid or even concrete. It's not a logical or debatable thing. I think a lot of it is sexism, and a lot of it is BY OTHER WOMEN, but seriously, you say her name in front of people like my mom and she practically starts foaming at the mouth. Srsly. The fundies hate her. There is no reason there is only blind seething hatred. And it is so weird to me, I mean, you would think women would be sympathetic to another woman who has been cheated on, but they blame her for it. She's like the anti-woman down here. And I hear all the Rovian rumors about Barack too. People send me the "OMGHE'SATERRORISTHISMIDDLENAMEISHUSSEIN!" emails on my internal work email (because that's really professional, thanks). (I can't tell anyone I'm not republican here. It's like being Jewish in Germany in the 1930s. They will make me wear a communist hammer and sickle on my sleeve, or like, a picture of an aborted fetus.  :nuts:

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but at least we have a pretty good idea what we're going to get with her.

I think I do, but I don't think it's what you think.  I really liked Hillary at first, but her entire history in DC consists of putting up a good front and then giving in when there's resistance and then hoping no one will ask her about it later.  She just gives up, gives in, and moves on.  She's a paper tiger, at best.

Bill's biggest sin in office was the old pandering he was accused of -- he would rather compromise the hell out of something in order to please as many people as possible than stand up and fight.  But compared to Hillary, he's Jesse Jackson.  Hell, he's Malcolm X.

Honestly, I don't know much about Obama, but I'm told he's a lefty, I only know one issue I disagree with him on (Iraq), he can whip up the public like he was ringing a bell, and I think he's got a much better chance of getting elected.  I feel bad for Hillary a lot, but to fix it I'd have to go back in time to the beginning of Bill's first term, have him make her his Chief of Staff, and tell her to grow some ovaries and not give up on health care.

BizB

• Administrator
  • HURRRRRRRRRR
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
I suspect that if Obama is the Democrat Party nominee, he will be assassinated before the November elections.

If Hillary is the nominee, my friends, we'll be electing the oldest president, EVAR. I firmly believe that too few people can really stomach her to get her elected.
I overslept this morning.  I was hitting the snooze button like it was my little sister.
I overslept this morning.  I was banging the snooze button like it was my step sister.