Author Topic: I am soooooo tired  (Read 3002 times)

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
I am soooooo tired
« on: March 21, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
I don't know that the hell is wrong with me but I am so effing tired all the time.  I did two yoga classes this week but can't believe I'd be this wiped two days later.  (Although we've been doing extensive hip work and I've actually taken Epsom salt baths to ease the muscle pain.)  I've gotten the usual amounts of sleep - I even turned the TV off after Lost and went to the bed to read a bit and fall asleep before 11.  (Cripes but Trainspotting is hard to read - it's almost easier to understand if you say it out loud.) 

I might actaully break down and do the sleep study myself.

Thank you for putting up with my whine.  When I have the energy to do it, I'll pay you back with my latest deep dark shame in the back room.  (:knotty:)
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

ivan

• Trusted
  • Icepick made my ears burn.
Re: I am soooooo tired
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
got a Beatles earworm now

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »
srsly

little peace of mind, over here please!
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

BizB

• Administrator
  • HURRRRRRRRRR
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
CPAPs for EVERYONE!
I overslept this morning.  I was hitting the snooze button like it was my little sister.
I overslept this morning.  I was banging the snooze button like it was my step sister.

Talix

• AKA Dollbutt
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs a chaperone
    • Tumbling the Tree
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:00:53 AM »
got a Beatles earworm now

My job here is done!

(Actually I was thinking Ozzy as I was typing it, but either works!)
"If you need Grover to explain "under", you're not ready for Playboy."
"Maybe you should learn to use commas, first, and then toy with pregnancy as a rhetorical act."
"Magical invisible high-pressure lightning fluid in your walls?  No problem."
"I am a light to the world." - Random Axe

"These are strange and mysterious times, and we must move in strange and mysterious ways." - mrcookieface

"I grow less interesting every year." - Hmof

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »
It gave me a completely different one.  The song is Shadow Drive and I forget who it's by.  But it's on an Enigma Records compilation that I think I have on cassette.  Google doesn't seem to know it, but that same tape had John Trubee and The Ugly Janitors of America's masterpiece A Blind Man's Penis on it.  So now if I remember (yep, sucks getting old) I'll have to open up the trunk and try to find the cassette and check it out.  But I won't have time until maybe late tomorrow night since tonight is the Triclops show at Annie's and tomorrow we have Music Together class and then our friend will watch Ian and I think we're going to finally see Be Kind Please Rewind and then off to dinner for Cuban food.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

hajen

• Trusted
  • sharks don't love you back
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
I am tired all the time lately but I know why.
I just wish it were more like "I'm tired but I know why!  :knotty:" instead of yeah I know why  :trance:
"I find that I am so rarely consulted when it's obvious I needed to be." - Talix
"Oh, god, I'm turning into Axe.  Watch out, people who are wrong on the internet!" - feffer
"I have a hard time taking my hands offline long enough to file my damned nails.  Obviously." - random axe
"Aww, just remember that 'reputation' turns into 'legend' after several years." - mrcookieface

ivan

• Trusted
  • Icepick made my ears burn.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 01:44:21 PM »
Or, in my case, I'm tired and I know why  :banghead:,

Dr. Leonard HmofCoy

• I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!
  • Global Moderator
  • His BRAIN is gone
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
There's good tired: the tired you get after a vigorous workout, a ball game, gardening, a bike ride, :unf: , or other play or hard work.

And then there's bad tired, the tired that comes from depression, stress, SAD, inactivity, or dull office tasks.

I haven't seen much good tired (except for :unf: :D ) lately.
"Parasitic wasps laying eggs in other insects is a better love story than Twilight." - :bitzero:
"Anyhow, it was the best sentient food movie since Killer Tomatoes Eat France." - :flipper:
"lee marvin in drag is no way to spread the gospel, son." - TFJ
"It failed. My enemies have been purged." - Sidious
"It's not like there was ever a time I didn't think Rudy Giuliani was a smug gibbering imbecile." - random axe
"*drags taint* Oh cool, I didn't know you could do that." - mo.d

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
At least you have that going for you.
"It all trickles down from the hot sex. I'm not saying you don't need cheese, just that if you concentrate on the hot sex, the cheese will follow. Naturally."--PsiDefect 03-19-2002 11:28 AM

flipper

• Ultimate Pick Up Line
  • Global Moderator
  • Criticism Completes Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 03:05:36 PM »
Oh and with respect to SAD, I get this depression whenever we switch from PST to PDT.  I know it's probably psychosomatic, but I just loathe losing that hour of sleep and detest having to wake up an hour earlier everyday.  It usually takes me several weeks to several months to get over it, and congress pulling this shit of moving up the date just pisses me off.  Conversely, I get this euphoria when we return to PST.  I guess I'm bipolar SAD.

random axe

• Concerned Netizen
  • Global Moderator
  • Concern Intensifies
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:32:55 PM »
Didn't we have a sleep thread?  I thought we had one, but I can't find it.  This seems relatedish, though.

I don't know WHAT happened, but . . . OK, last Sunday night was a typical Sunday night, which means I got like three hours of tortured sleep and really hated life Monday morning, right in time for my management meeting.

Monday was otherwise normal.  Monday night, though, I fell asleep around 1 AM and slept for like 7.5 hours.  And when I say "slept" I'm not sure that I didn't actually revert to being dead for awhile there.  Didn't wake up once, not when YT and his girlfriend came home drunk, not when the cat tried to wake me for her morning food (she always tries to get me to feed her as early as 4 AM, even though she doesn't get fed until at least 6 AM).  Nothing.

Felt normal Tuesday, more sleep or no.  Bags under my eyes were actually less prominent.  I've never really understood the bags-under-the-eyes thing.  Tuesday night . . . repeat of Monday night, although for not quite as long.

Wednesday night, once again.  I didn't fall asleep until around 2 AM, but I didn't wake up until almost 10 AM.

I really don't feel any different, even though I'm getting like 40% more sleep per night, every night for several in a row, than I have in many years.  Aside from cutting into my time to watch movies, there's been no real effect so far.  At least not that I can notice.

I guess I'm fine with this unless I start sleeping more and more hours.  I don't want to be one of those people who can't get up in the morning.  I know a lot of those people, and I'm totally sympathetic, but I don't want to be one of them.